Chapter-1

Chapter-1

Author's POV:

Vanessa was tying furiously on her computer, the office notice really bothered her. It was not like she was fond of this job, she just needed it to survive.

Her coworker called her name resulting Vanessa is turning to her, resulting in another add on her in daily task.

Vanessa Floris, as delicate as may she look she was still strong enough to survive on her own. Her shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes made it impossible to ignore her, pretty normal features but still aligned to perfectly giving her angelic look. While her pale skin made her eyes stand out more, her eyes were maybe her prettiest feature.

She is just like any other 28 year old office account, everyone had a misery to themselves, and her was her loneliness.

She was born into a good family, but tragedy crawled back to her. Her parents passed away in an deadly accident when she was 10, her old grandma raised her alone. But that old women didn't last long, Vanessa was orphan again at 17.

Her condition made it harder for to have a good college or better life. Her emotional self couldn't even do her studies well. At last she landed as an Accountant.

Soon Vanessa looked at the clock hanging on the office wall. She got off work, finally the day was over.

As she walked home she thought to herself. Maybe she is not the luckiest, but she surely isn't too miserable.

She has a nice house left behind by her family, a job.... And she learnt to keep everything away and be happy. Her pain is finally over she told herself. She isn't the only one who lost her parents early, there are thousands out there like her.

She walked back she heard someone call her again. She noticed her bus just left her, she sighed looked at that man just called her.

She smiled a little seeing her boyfriend. Truth was she wasn't even into him, it was like she need to date so she was dating. Her boss had an eye on her, and she just needed let them all know she is committed.

So, she look the proposal she got that time.

Her Boyfriend Jaime walked to her pocketing his hand. Yes, it has got little cold recently.

She smiled as she said, "You are off early, was a was about to call you...."

Jaime was looking serious, and distant. Whom she was lying, actually she noticed how distant he got, how he dressed better than before. But truth was she really didn't wanted him to hold this relation too close.

He was just solution for her.... A solution to her problem.

Jamie said, "Vanessa.... I have to tell you something.... I was waiting at the office gate for you but you didn't notice...."

Vanessa said, "Oh!... I am little tired so maybe...."

Jamie said, "It's ok.... But listen...." He took a deep breath as he said, "Let's break up...."

Vanessa was little stunned, she said, "Jamie.... Why?.... Did I did anything wrong?" He looked away annoyed.

He said, "I don't feel for you anymore...."

Vanessa wanted to be his girlfriend for few more months till she finds a new job. She said, "But... We are just dating for 5 months...."

Jamie said, "Look... Vanessa.... You are really not my type.... I am dating someone.... Actually I am serious about her....."

Vanessa whispered, "You were cheating?"

James said dismissing everything, "I don't want to date you.... And-"

Before he could say any further, Vanessa said, "Fine... Being with you want not that fun either.... Be happy..." She smiled in the end.

Jamie was stunned, Vanessa said, "Anyways.... Bye... I think other bus is about to be here...."

She turned to leave when Jamie said, "You are pretending to be ok, right?... there is no way, you will react like this...."

Vanessa turned to him as she said, "Really I am not sat at all...... I was not into you too... I dated you because I was thinking I had lot of free time in my hand..."

Jamie was in disbelief, Vanessa said, "Really!... You are not that good looking, you are a 2 compared to me, you earn less than me..... plus you have no sense of style.... and manners.... god! you need a lot of improvement..."

Jamie whispered, "B*tch....."

His jaw was tighten in anger. Vanessa said, "Bye... I am bus to catch.... Have good life!" She smiled and ran to the bus stop, she felt free..... but abandoned too.....

But it was nothing new..... she was ok with it.... she learnt to smile and value herself.

Soon she got on the bus, She felt little troubled that he was over her IN 5 MONTHS, was she that undesirable.....

She was a Lady sitting, there was a empty seat. She knew her very well, they were next door neighbors.

Sat beside the Lady saying, "Hi, Mrs. Silvia.... you are talking a bus today?"

Silvia smiled as she said, "Yea.... Car got broken so.... I had no choice, but it's nice to ride a bus sometimes..." She smiled.

Vanessa's POV:

I asked, "But were you went?... this is not where you work...."

Mrs. Silvia said, "Daniel was sick, so Doctors visit..." She said pointing at her son sitting in front of us.

I noticed 14 year old Daniel was sitting in the front seat alone, he looks tired.

I said, "Daniel.... You are ok?" He nod.

When I look at this Lady, I feel like I am much happier than she is. Like my problems has a end.... it already happened.

But her..... Her son is missing for 14 years.... 14 long years..... Her Husband being in Police didn't helped them.... Seth is still missing.... Her Pain is still going and continuous. She pretends to be ok in front of Daniel.... but I have seen her crying in her room, through my bed room window.

Actually Seth went missing right on his birthday, he was 15. The whole neighborhood was in silence for months..... search teams, and even people of the community were together trying to find him. Some even suspected Mrs. Silvia's husband, but he was clean.

He was broken searching for his son, I saw it. I know.

I was in worry too, Seth and I were in same class. We took the same school bus, I saw him every day in class, in cafeteria..... It was hard to believe someone can just vanish, I was friends with him..... Not close friends but.... friends.... or just friend from school.

At last it was concluded, that he maybe ran away. I don't think so, he was a good kid, top of the class, always in sports too... How can a good kid from a loving family run away?.... My best guess is he is no more....

I heard Mrs. Silvia, "Vanessa.... Can you tutor Daniel, I don't want him to fail Math"

I use to tutor Daniel for some money, but I did not in past year. I said smiling, "Yea... sure.... extra cash is good!" she laughed with me.

I said further, "Daniel is pretty cute kid right?" Daniel murmured, "I am not kid...."

Mrs. Silvia smiled, She looks all ok. But her face reminds me, she is not. How can a mother be ok when her teenage son is missing for more than a decade?

I wish I was brave as her.