Chapter-19

Chapter-19

Vanessa's POV:

Hours later,

I was working as usual, Seth hasn't really said anything to me.

But this silence is somewhat scary.

My subconscious reminded, "Or he didn't like how you rubbed salt on his wounds?"

I threw the pen aside, grabbing my head. I have to always need to justify myself to me?

My subconscious reminded, "Because You never want to do wrong.... if you did then know it!"

God! Why grandma gave me so many morals?

I sat back thinking to myself, Yes, I commented on his personal life in heat of the argument. But he started it first.

But was it right to hit someone on his weakest?

Grandma use to say, 'Never give pain on old wounds'

Grandma....

I looked away not sure from who I was hiding.

Seth is a terrible person. He wants to torture his mother, a step father who loves him like his own. An Daniel he don't even remember about Seth.

He kills effortlessly, and has no mercy for others.

But seems like his only weakness is his person life. Like losing his mother....

wait... He left his mother.... it's his choice.

Mrs. Silvia use to love him, and Mr. Lewis adored Seth, I never knew he was the step dad....

It's Seth's choice to live in misery, I should not feel guilty about this.... He deserves this.

My subconscious interfered, 'Maybe left because... he thought he lost his mom....'

I sat straight on this point.

No I cannot think nice of a terrible person.

My subconscious reminded me, 'He is indeed a terrible human....But you are not...'

I pressed my lips together.

I whispered, "I will never carry sympathy for someone as him."

In this case, Morals has to lose, Because Seth is no human, he is blood thirsty animal.....

Hours later,

I stood there looking at the club, I sighed. Today club didn't seem to be busy as usual.

Maybe today is week day, That make sense.

I have haunting memories of this place already, It's barely few weeks I am here.

I saw clicking fingers in front of me. I saw Robert, he smiled at me saying, "Bring me a drink..."

I was stunned, ah! He thinks I work for him.

I said to him, "You know I don't follow anyone's order other than Mr. Morris.... I am sorry."

He pocked his hands, he smirked. He said, "You are saying no to his guest?... then you are saying no to him?"

He pretended to be concern, like he was mocking me. He came here just now, and already ordering me. Like I am not relaxed that he is here after his day, I don't want to deal with him for long time.

I spotted a waitress, I called her. I said to her, "Give this gentlemen a drink..." I know he is looking at me.

I heard him, "Smart move..." He got close to me as he whispered, "but for how long it will work...."

I felt his utter motives.

I said back, "Till I am alive.... You won't even have it your way with my dead body..." I saw displeased expression on his face, before he could say anything I passed walking him.

I went to my cabin, As I walked in there I saw Greg with a women, she was on his lap. He murmured his annoyance.

The women whispered, ".... Why is she here...."

I walked to my desk saying, "Get out!... I have some work..." I should not forget I share this space with him.

But he doesn't seem to like me. Oh! wait... who will like to share their authority and space?

I heard the women walking out, I kept looking at the records. I heard Greg, "You should knock...."

I said not sparing a glace, "You should ask them to give me another space... so you can continue these romantic evening...."

Greg sat in front of my desk, he said, "You hate me"

I looked at him saying, "You hate me too..."

Greg nod saying, "Yea.... So, let's set rules.... I think you don't want to see more of today...."

I rolled my eyes, I said, "Fine!.... we both will knock the door before walking in the room, and never touch each other's desk.... anything else...:

Greg pointed, "Try to ignore each other, since I hate nosy ladies...."

I was offended, I whispered, "Men like you are nosy too.."His eyes narrowed.

I was not ready to give up, I heard him whisper as he looked away, "I hope he really figures out you new place..."

Me too...

Soon, Greg put a card in front of me. He said, "Half of your salary is in it, and other half at end of this month..... the card is on My Name since he doesn't seem to trust you..."

He doesn't trust me?

I looked down, I heard Greg, "Remember never mess up.... You will not like his dark side...."

My subconscious whispered to myself, 'So his horrible persona is his good side?!!!.... nice joke!'

I took the card saying, "Yea... thanks I guess...."

Greg said, "You don't mean it..."

I smiled sarcastically saying, "Right...."

Greg looked angry, I whispered, "I sure need few things.... Money will be of use...."

I turned to Greg as I said, "I can shop on my own online shopping account right?"

He was already getting up, He said, "No.... Use my computer for this.... and the stuff will arrive at the club...."

I cleared myself, "I made a deal with him... I am not going to run away...."

He smirked saying, "I want to believe you... but I won't.... because I am not naïve as you...."

He got up turning his back to me, I said to Greg, "I am not naïve..."

Greg turned to me with a stern face, he said, "Only naïve stupid person I saw is you... no one gives their life for some kid...."

My heart sank down on these words. I whispered, "That's humanity.." My words were shaking.

Greg said to me, "That's naïve, Miss Vanessa"