Chapter-39

Chapter-39

Vanessa's POV:

Next afternoon,

I am avoiding him since I sneaked out of his room this morning. Why I did that!!!

It's not like I regret it.... But I wasn't right either....

I want ask myself why I am doing this?

I saw a maid walking in keeping the tray on the kitchen counter, I noticed the food was untouched.

He didn't eat his breakfast.... it got all cold.....

I sent the breakfast way before he woke up, but he didn't even touched it....

I moved my hands through my hairs, I shouldn't think too much, he is just concerned because of Mrs. Silvia's surgery....

It's been hours since the surgery started.

The maid said, "He said he won't like to have Lunch either..." I nod silently.

I heard a knock on the door, I looked at that direction. Mr. Terry was there, he said to me stern, "Master Morris called you, Miss. Floris..."

I looked down, he called me.....

I was in his dead father's study, where he was sitting on the table in front of me. When I walked in this room I noticed the pictures on the wall, of his childhood and this family.

But right now his cold gaze bothers me. Seth asked, "Why haven't I seen you all day?...."

I whispered avoiding his eyes, "I... I am.... little sick today...."

He just stayed silent, he asked next, "What did last night means?" I kept my eyes off him, I am afraid I will fall for him if I look at him long enough. I already felt the danger he was for me last night.

I don't want to be in love with a man who doesn't care for me. I will be fool again....

I stayed silent, but the silence in the room notified me, I need answers, at least for him.

I whispered, "Excuse me... I have... something to do...." I just want to rush out at this point.

I was on the table out of sudden where he blocked me trapping in between his tattooed arms, He lifted my chin to face him.

My eyes meet his, and the thing I was afraid of started to happen. My heart was on speed, the memories of last night flooded in me. This is bad for me... He is bad for me....

Seth asked warning, "Answer me...."

I whispered, "I... I don't... know...." I said truly.

His eyes narrowed, I whispered further, "I.. .... I want to know... why?"

His lips formed a smirk, while I was all confused and lost. Seth got closer to me saying, "We will figure it out...." He crashed his lip on mine again. But he parted soon.

I hated it....

He looked in my eyes saying, "Now.... never lower these eyes.... so, I can read you properly...."

Hours later,

I stood behind Seth and Terry, as the doctors came out of the surgery room. Seth has serious expression on his face, but he was still cold as stone. Why must a son hold these silent hate for his mother? when she is in state as such?

See.... A person who can't love his mother, will never know importance of Me.....

But today is not about me.... I am just worried about her.