Chapter 53

Chapter - 53

Seth's POV

Today again, I ended up looking at her sleeping near me. I do find myself staring at her whenever I can, but today is different.

Today, for the first time I let someone this close to that day.... this close to my darkness.

I touched Vanessa's face as she seems to be in deep sleep, she must stay by my side all the time.... till end of my life.

I will go crazy to see her drift away.

She is mine now... she cannot go away from me.

I will not allow it.

Vanessa.... My darkness will kill your bright smile but I am too selfish to let you go.

I kept my eyes on her as I promised myself, 'Vanessa is forever mine....'

I realized it's already morning, I don't care what time it is. I plan on staying in bed with her little more.

Until my phone rang, I picked it annoyed making sure it didn't wake her up.

I answered the call, It' Uncle Max.

I said, "Yes..."

Uncle Max said, "Good morning Young Master....."

I waited for him speak as I walked out of the room, closing it. I pressed the phone on my ear as I made way to the terrace.

Uncle Max said, "Macros Davis is awfully silent and ... weird lately... his people are dead silent for few weak...."

I said, "You know the drill.... Deal with them.... I guess it won't be hard for you...."

I heard him, "I know... but I thought I should inform you first..."

Uncle Max, could easily take everything when Dad died. But He chose to wait for me. I had so many questions, when a My mother betrayed me and my father, Uncle Max stayed loyal.

I never asked, soon I figured out. He cared too much for Dad, However my father was.... He has one good fried I guess.

Mom you were wrong, see... there is a man who still cares for My Dad....

Uncle Max cares for me too much, it's not necessary but I found his actions similar to Martha. At last these two people never left me alone.

I kept listening to Uncle Max telling some details, I said, "Is that all?"

Uncle Max said, "Yea... regarding this mater.... and.. another thing...."

I blew smoke out. I heard Uncle Max, "Madam called yesterday....."

I scoffed, he still respects that women. I am just amused she called him. But I don't except much from her.

I taunted, "You seem to enjoy giving number to nasty women...." I am still bitter about everything, actually I still find it hard to think about MY MOTHER....

Uncle Max said, "Madam sent you a parcel.... I know you won't like it... but.... Kid, I already send it to you...."

Hour later,

I was looking at a medium sized wooden box, I am glaring at the box unintentionally. I have no idea why she would do that.

I banged my hand on the table out of frustration, I am somehow glad that no one comes in my study. I don't want to be seen with this thing.

I opened the box with lot of hesitation, I couldn't help but whisper, "What... is meaning of this?"

Nothing comes in this palace without security check, no bugs or gps device or anything. Whatever this is, does not hold a threat then why it bothers me so much.

I saw a card in the box, it didn't took much to flip realizing it's a picture. My eyes went wide seeing my and Mom's picture before I ran away.

The backside of the picture reads, 'Seth....... Even if you don't but I do remember you. You are the son I love so much... I know, you may hate me... but I will always remember you as the boy in this picture, My little boy whom I could die for. Since the day you were born, you were only my son.... just my son, that's what I wished for.... The baby universe blessed me with so I could live. I want to wish you in person, but I know you might hate it. ....At last.... I will try my best not to ruin your birthday..... Happy birthday, Seth.... I wish, you will get everything you wanted....'

I felt lump in my throat, tears were trying to escape while I refused to do that.

I noticed a shinny thing inside the box, I picked it up realizing it's a bracelet. Why is she doing this?

If she cares then why would she do all this to me?

Manipulating b*tch!!!

But my eyes went to the picture again, why everything is this hard?!!! I don't want to forgive her when she is not even asking for it.

My eyes went to Dad's picture on the wall, this wall has a picture of us 3 when they got married.

Yes... I should remember she took this from me and never apologized.

There is no forgiveness.....

I have already left my mother behind, and right now I don't need one.

Vanessa's POV:

Seth was driving me somewhere, while his security is in the car behind and in the car in front of us. We are all alone in this particular car.

He is dressed casually wearing the clothes we shopped the other day. He looks great in my choice. but his mood, he seemed little off.

I know he doesn't like to tell me, but I still asked, "Seth.... is something wrong..."

Seth said as his eyes were on the road, "Yea... your stupid questions... let me focus on the road, sugar...."

I kept my eyes on him, his eyes are cold, I can tell that much. What happened?

I asked, "You are not going to tell me, are you?.... I thought... things changed in between us..." I complained.

Seth said not sparing a glance at me, "Work.... Marcos Davis is causing stunt...."

I sat back, Yea... That old guy from the party.

I sat there in silent for few more minutes, Then I asked again, "Are you worried then?"

He smirked then, "No actually... thinking of having a play date with him...."

What! I didn't get it? Does he has something in his mind?

Seth whispered, "Can't wait to pay him a visit...." He smirked like he as some evil plan.

I whispered, "Then right now.... are we going to the club... there might be lot of work pending...."

Seth said, "No... Aquarium.... for a date...."