Chapter 4: My husband's bestfriend

"Ugh, shit!" Taehyung groaned when he knocked his foot against the stairs while trying to climb them. But before he could fall, Jungkook was already there to save him.

"Be careful with your steps, Kim. There are not so many people who are genuinely there to watch your back." Jungkook said while holding a still very drunk Taehyung. Taehyung raised his head and looks behind at Jungkook with hooded eyes. His cheeks and nose are covered with a crimson shade. Eyes still red and puffy from crying.

"Why do I feel like you're talking about something else?" Taehyung asked, his voice raspy and thick with the acid of the alcohol.

"Well, I might be," Jungkook replied with a shrug. With a few difficulties, Jungkook pulled out his apartment keys from inside his jeans pocket. He stretched out his hand to shove the key into the keyhole when he felt the older's slender and long fingers caressing his inked arm.

"Nice tattoos," Taehyung mumbled drunkenly.

"Thanks," Jungkook replied mindlessly because he was busy eyeing Taehyung's perfectly long fingers. 'Man, It's been only a day since I met this guy and I already can tell I have never met any men in my life before so perfect and with godly features.' He thought to himself as he gulped down his saliva before averting his eyes from the older fingers and focusing on the door.

Jungkook guided Taehyung inside his huge luxurious apartment after unlocking the door. He gently placed Taehyung's limp body on the long couch before standing up properly and letting out a loud sigh.

"What should I do with you now?" Jungkook asked himself while staring down at Taehyung's not yet unconscious body. Means, he still has some sense in him.

Jungkook sighed again before turning around and getting rid of his jacket. "You know? I just realized something. Back in America, I canceled a meeting with a very important client because I was about to get laid and lost a big-time profit, and now look at me, canceling my hookups because of you." Jungkook turn around as he finished his sentence and stare down at Taehyung who was mumbling something to himself.

Jungkook fixed his gaze at Taehyung for about two minutes in silence before speaking, "What's wrong with me?" He asked himself. Jungkook turned away from Taehyung with confusion lacing through his face as he walked towards his personal bar at the corner of the living room.

He pulled out a fine bottle of wine and started to pour some into a glass. He then looks at Taehyung's drunk self and speaks again, "No, really. What's wrong with me? Because it's not. . . me, You know?" Jungkook asked Taehyung this time as the guy will suddenly turn sober and answer his question.

Jungkook shrugged like a kid who was being asked something that they don't know. He steps down from his bar and made his way towards the couch while holding both the wine bottle and glass in both hands.

Jungkook flopped himself over the long couch, beside Taehyung. He took a small sip from the wine and laughs out loud. "I'm sometimes so funny you know? I was asking you questions like your drunk ass gonna answer it." Jungkook joked and started to laugh again at his own joke while shaking his head. Taehyung, who was mumbling gibberish to himself the whole time, looks up at Jungkook and chuckled too.

"You are funny," The older commented- no, more like slurred out.

"Aww, thank you, baby boy." Jungkook cooed at the older. Taehyung scoffed with a smirk. "Who are you calling baby boy? I should be the one calling you baby boy." Taehyung responded cockily with a flirtatious smirk playing over his lips. He is still drunken than the wine bottle in front of Jungkook, so he doesn't have any control over what's coming out of his mouth.

Jungkook froze on his spot when he t about to take a sip from his wine. The blonde slowly turned his head towards Taehyung and met with the older's widely smirking face. He cocked an eyebrow at what Taehyung said. Jungkook looks down at his wine and then back to Taehyung's drunken self. The corner of his mouth slowly tilting upward in a smirk, his eyes glinting with something evil, something mysterious as he didn't hesitate before chugging the wine from the glass in one go.