Chapter 12: Learn to let go in return to find peace of your mind

The loud screech of the tires resonates around the area after Jungkook harshly pulls off his car in front of the police station.

He grabbed his blazer from the passenger seat and hurriedly hopped off of the car. Wasting no time and running towards the police station like his life depends on it.

Jungkook harshly pushed open the door of the police station, startling all the officers present inside the room. The officers stopped whatever they were doing and just stared at Jungkook's furious figure without any clue of what the fuck is going on.

And just when Jungkook was about to scoot further inside the police station in search of their head deputy, one of the officers rush towards him, attempting to stop him from moving further.

"Hey! hey! who are you? This is the police station, not a playground that you can make your own way inside." An officer asserted as he stood in front of Jungkook, furrowed eyes scanning the young lawyer carefully.

Jungkook puffed out a heavy sigh. With a roll of his eyes, he guided his hand behind his back. The officer noticed Jungkook's action and got alarmed. Thinking he might be armed and was taking out a short gun or something, the officer instantly pulled out his gun and aimed it right in front of Jungkook's forehead.

"Hey!" He yelled out with a glare as his hands were aiming the gun towards Jungkook. The other officers present in the room were now fully focused on the two pairs.

Jungkook got startled by the officer's sudden action and widen his eyes after seeing the gun directly aiming at his forehead.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?" Jungkook asked as he reached towards his ass and pulled out an ID badge from his back pocket and showed it to the police officer. "I was pulling out my badge, you dumbass," Jungkook said in an offending tone and eyed the officer with a look of judgment.

The officer widens his eyes and slowly puts down the gun. Feeling rather embarrassed by his action.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were going to pull out a gun or something." The officer apologized. "But not my fault though, the way you dashed in anyone could tell that you were onto something." The officer added as he put the gun behind his back again.

"I'm a lawyer and I'm here for someone's bail. Now if you're satisfied take me to your director." Jungkook said with a hint of annoyance and impatience presence in his tone.

The officer nodded, still eyeing Jungkook head to toe suspiciously. Thinking about what kind of lawyer he is to just dash in like that in a police station.

"Yah, just because you're a lawyer doesn't mean you can just break into a police station like that. Now, follow me." The officer scolded the blonde head strictly, a heavy scowl present on his face as he started to walk towards the director's cabin with Jungkook following behind who just rolled his eyes in annoyance at the officer's words.

"What y'all watching?! Get back to work!" The officer yelled commanded the other officers while walking towards the director's office.

The officer suddenly stopped right before the director's office room and turn around to face Jungkook. "You wait here, I have to take permission from the director before letting you in."

"God damn it! Just hurry up," The blonde head let out impatiently causing the officer to eye him up and down again before he walks into the director's office.

After a few minutes, the door opened, revealing the police officer but he didn't come out. instead, he held the door open for Jungkook and signaled him to come inside with a jerk of his head.

Jungkook walked in without wasting a second and went straight in front of the director's desk. "Kim Taehyung, why is he being held under custody?" He asked, one hand shoved inside the pocket of his slacks when the other was holding his blazer.