Chapter 23: Mind of a criminal, I swear I'm just crazy in love, not an animal

"You've got ten minutes." A police officer informed after opening the metal door with a small glass window situated in the middle.

Jungkook nodded his head and walks inside. His polished black shoes make clicking sounds in the silent narrow room. The metal door shuts with a loud sound, causing Jungkook to flinch slightly as he looks over his shoulder and glares at the metal door.

Jungkook turns his head forward and lets out a heavy exhale before his legs started to saunter him towards the series of stools. In front of each stool, there is a glass cube with a telephone adjusted to the sidewall next to the glass window.

There were a few more people present in this room, talking to the inmates in hush tones. Even though they are criminals (hence why they are being captive under police custody) they are still someone's brother, son, family, or someone's lover. He saw a woman was crying while talking through the landline with the inmate. Their hands were placed over the glass at the same spot, it's like they wanted to hold each other's hands but the glass was preventing them from doing so.

Jungkook averted his gaze from them and stood in front of a random glass window and lazily roams his eyes around before his gaze landed on the telephone.

At the same time, the metal door from behind the glass window slammed open, revealing another police officer. The officer shoved the inmate inside the room causing the said inmate to stumble inside, his wrists were cuffed with a pair of metal handcuffs.

"You have ten minutes." The deep and slightly rough voice of the officer echoed into the empty room before he slammed the door shut, leaving the inmate alone with Jungkook there.

The inmate rolled his eyes and turns his head towards Jungkook. His feature immediately masked with a heavy frown of confusion when he saw an unknown man with bright blonde hair wearing a black suit with a white shirt underneath along with a striped tie standing behind the glass and waiting for him.

The inmate who was wearing an orange jumpsuit walks closer to the glass cube with the same frown of confusion lingering through his feature. He then takes the telephone in his hand and placed it against his ear. Jungkook immediately copied the other's actions.

"Who the fuck are you?" That was the first thing the inmate asked while staring back at Jungkook with a deep crease of his eyebrows.

Jungkook's eyes irked when he hears the inmate talking with him with such disrespect but he managed to mask it off with a sweet smile. "Jeon Jungkook, I'm a lawyer." Jungkook greeted, a smile too sweet to handle was spread over his lips.

"Well, I'm certain you're not my lawyer. Wait— did that motherfucker leave me?!" The inmate let out in shock and disbelief as he threw the last question at Jungkook.

"No, he didn't. I took permission from your lawyer to talk to you." Jungkook replied, his tattooed fingers holding the telephone against his ear as he softly smiled up at the inmate.

The inmate raised both of his eyebrows in realization and nodded his head. "Well, what the fuck do you want then?" He asked, voice coming out in boredom.

Jungkook cleared his throat as his smile turned into a wicked smirk, "I heard you're rotting in this jail for six years now because of a stupid robbery you did?" The blonde asked as his seductive gaze stares at the inmate who was staring back at him with a scowl.

"Yeah, and?" The inmate replied in a slightly rude tone.

Jungkook chuckled and shook his head, "And if I'm not wrong you got caught robbing a two-story house?" he asked again, tilting his head to the side with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, that's why I'm here. What is your point?" The inmate let out, slowly getting frustrated over the unnecessary questions.

"So you're pretty good at climbing houses, right?" Ignoring the guy's frustration towards him, Jungkook yet again threw another question at him.