Chapter 28: I acted like it wasn't a big deal when really it was breaking my hea

❛❛A house made of cards, and us, inside Even though the end is visible❞

🥀🥀🥀

The loud ringing of the door bell resonated through the thin air of the living room.

Seokjin runs down the stairs while glancing at the front door from time to time while fixing his gray coat. He walks across the living room and saunters towards the front door. Twisting the knob and opening it.

"Welcome back, Mr. Jeon." He greeted him with the same professional smile. Plumpy lips glossy from some lip gloss and ebony hair parted in the middle with his mullet resting against the white collar of his shirt.

"Hello, Dr. Kim." Jungkook greeted back. Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows when he didn't see the younger's lips curved upward into a cocky smile or his tempting gaze staring back at him, just to tease the taller male like he always does.

Instead, the younger's tone was kind of off, flat and gloomy as he looks drained out and exhausted.

Nonetheless, Seokjin steps aside, making room for his client to step inside without any further words.

Jungkook sighed and stepped in. His legs automatically lead him to the living room where the two single couches were placed right in the middle of the room, facing each other with a round dark brown small coffee table standing between them.

He took his usual seat, placing one of his legs over the other one's roof of the thigh. Seokjin also enters the room after closing the door and as always, he also took his seat, copying Jungkook's posture but as if it was his signature stance, he placed both of his hands over his lap, close to his lower stomach, combining his long fingers.

Seokjin observed Jungkook. Usually, he always let his client speak first, hence he observed Jungkook who was looking outside the big window with droopy eyes, and waited for the man to speak.

When he realized the blonde head was too immersed in watching whatever he was watching through the window- or he was just immersed in his thoughts -nevertheless, he decided to speak first.

"You don't really look delighted today, Mr. Jeon." Jungkook's ears perked up at the sudden mixer of the deep yet high-pitched voice of his therapist.

He turned his head forward and connected his gaze with the male sitting across from him. "I don't know what am I doing to myself," Jungkook spoke up, voice flat and face lacking emotion.

Seokjin tilted his head, letting the other speak.

"Taehyung," Jungkook paused while looking down at the floor with nothing flashing through those doe pair of droopy eyes. "He came back." He finished.

"He did?" Seokjin repeated.

"Yeah, after demanding a divorce from his husband, he did." You wish Jungkook was looking up at the other male because he failed to notice how the ebony head's eyes slightly widened their size. Almost taken aback before collecting himself.

"You should be happy about it. That's all you wanted after all." Seokjin stated causing the attorney to sigh.

"I'm happy about it, I really am. But when nothing is perfect, happiness also shouldn't be too, right?" Jungkook tilted his head and gazes up at Seokjin with furrowed brows. It was almost like he was questioning himself rather than his therapist.

"Indeed, nothing is perfect and happiness also does not last long. But I need you to be more apparent with your words, Mr. Jeon." Jungkook let out a dry chuckle as he shook his head while bowing his head at the process.

"He still has feelings for his husband. That's why I'm not entirely happy with the whole situation." Jungkook confessed causing his therapist to nod his head.