Chapter 40: Sucks to be you, park

"So you didn't tell him that you found out about us?" Jungkook's voice resonated softly through the other murmurs of the hotel restaurant where they are sitting currently with a cup of macchiato and a piece of pastry. peering down at Jimin, his smirk seems to never evaporate.

Jimin, who was sitting across from the younger on the tiny round table, didn't utter anything. His coffee and the pastry were left abandoned there. The only reason he is sitting here because the poor guy is compelled to do so. Because Jungkook has his deepest darkest secret in his grip that he can reveal at any moment if he wants.

Jimin is nothing but vulnerable right now.

Jungkook chuckled cockily before placing one of his legs over the other one's roof of the thigh. "I'm so silly. How can you tell him that you know everything? Because, after all, you are doing the same thing to him." Jimin's hands balled into two fists over the table, his eyes were peering at anything but Jungkook. He really doesn't want to have this conversation right now because he knows the latter called him here for nothing but to taunt him.

"You know very well if you tell Taehyung about him and my relationship, yours going to get exposed too." The blonde enunciates, impish gaze judging Jimin's face shamelessly. "Cunning, aren't you? Of course, you are. It would be weird if you weren't since you're a lawyer." Jungkook mocked the other, scoffing loudly after. Jimin was still peering down at the round table with his hands balled into fists.

"But not as cunning as me." The younger then added, his voice dropping to an octave low. "I didn't lose any case, after all."

"You lost the previous one," Jimin replied instantly while rolling his eyes, still not looking up to meet Jungkook's gaze. His voice was enough for Jungkook to know that the shorter male was extremely annoyed. Although, the answer brought an evil grin to Jungkook's face.

This is the topic he wanted to pin their conversation to.

"I wouldn't take it as a loss. You know why?" Jungkook asked and as expected didn't get an answer but he still decided to continue. The blonde leaned forward over the table and placed his cheek over his palm as he stare at Jimin with a mocking 'admiring' gaze. "Because your husband told me so. He told me it's bad to defend the guilty—"

Jungkook was interrupted by a loud scoff that came from Jimin. "You and feeling bad for defending the guilty? I can't imagine it. I thought morality doesn't exist in your nomenclature?" Jimin asserted, conjuring some boldness as he cocked an eyebrow at the younger one.

Jungkook's smirk dilated, raising both of his eyebrows before he continued his unfinished sentence. "—which I don't give a fuck about, you know me well, Park."

"If you don't give a fuck then why did you lose?" The silver head appealed, tilting his head to the side.

"Remember when I said I lost purposely because Gim's son messed up with something precious that I own?" Jungkook raised a question, watching Jimin's face change into something as if he has realized something. Like the reality finally hit him and everything is coming together in one place, making sense.

"He almost killed Taehyung in a hit and run." Jimin's eyes widened terribly, shock flashing through his orbs at the new piece of information. Guilt instantly swelled up inside him because how could he not notice it? How could he never notice that Taehyung had an accident and the fact that his husband didn't even bother to inform him about it says a lot that Taehyung has accepted Jimin doesn't care about him, he never did.

"But you know what's the best part about it?" Jungkook asked again, interrupting the older from his deep thoughts who peers back at him, a sign that he's listening. "I got a reward for losing the case. Your husband took me to Paris and fucked me in every place that we visited. So yeah, I don't consider it as a loss." Jungkook asserted quite proudly, finger quoting the word 'loss' in the middle of his speech. The blonde then slumps back over the chair with an enormous wicked smile.