Chapter 46: Your love makes me feel fragile

His steps were rushed yet they weren't loud enough to echo in anyone's ears. Not when the waves are so feral today. It's almost scary. The pace and force of the breeze were also almost skin peeling.

The further he jogs toward the huge ocean, the more trails of footprints he's engraving behind into the soft sand of the beach.

And that's when he saw him, sitting over the wavy sands of the beach while a taller and broad-shoulder guy soothes him. He was running his lanky arm over the shorter male's biceps to comfort him, plumpy lips moving in motion to form sweet words and his eyes looking down at the crying man with concern.

Jungkook's rushed steps slowly shift to a much slower pace. He was for the first time hesitant to approach Taehyung. His hand's ballad into two fists as he took deliberate yet prudent steps.

Seokjin was comforting his younger brother sitting by his side, over the sand while his younger brother couldn't stop his sobs. Taehyung couldn't gulp down the lump that formed inside his throat. He felt betrayed, of course, he felt used but useless at the same time. He felt fucking pathetic.

Even when Jungkook's steps weren't rushed enough, he still made it to the two brothers sooner than he would like to. He wanted to prepare himself for the serious talk, he wanted to prepare himself before confessing why exactly he did what he did back at the birthday party.

Wow, the highly paid and most preferred lawyer needs to prepare himself before having a simple talk with someone. The attorney who never lost a case is nervous about having a face-off with someone.

He was hesitant. He admits he did fucked up but he was in a rage too. He couldn't find any other effective way to destroy Namjoon for his low action. Tell Taehyung the whole story in private and let Namjoon off the hook? Tell me, what would've happened if Jungkook did that? What would've happened if he actually reveal the whole situation in private? Only Taehyung would've known the situation and he would still get hurt. The betrayal wouldn't feel any less if it was done in private.

But what would change is, that Namjoon wouldn't be as affected as he is right now if the situation was revealed in private. Mr. Kim wouldn't know his true colors because, c'mon, Jungkook is not a little birdie to sing around the whole situation in everyone's ears one by one? Of course, he had to do it in a way where everyone will know what his intentions are.

Of course, he had to make sure he is doing things in a way where there will be no room for Namjoon to make excuses let alone escape the situation. If the whole thing was done privately the world wouldn't know, they wouldn't know about his sick games. Namjoon deserved the humiliation for being someone who was not only planning to betray his own father but used his brother's naiveness for his own good.

And even if he told the truth to Taehyung, what if he refused to tell anything to his father because he's too much of a people pleaser? What if he forgave Namjoon for everything because he is too forgiving? Nah, Jungkook is too much of a 'karma' person to let that happen. He had to go through all the 'what if's' before taking any actions and he still does not think he did something wrong.

What makes him nervous is Taehyung's reaction. He will be so frustrated if Taehyung gets mad at him for what he did. He highly hopes Taehyung understands him and looks at the positive side of the situation.

As if his thoughts were loud for anyone's ears, Seokjin turned his head and looks up at Jungkook. Jungkook gulped and look away. He can feel the stern gaze of his therapists slicing through his head. A look that says Seokjin was extremely unpleased but he wasn't mad at the same time. As if he is not mad because they got to know Namjoon's intentions through Jungkook but he was repugnant because of his brother's situation at the same time.