Chapter 53: Family reunion, date & bonding

Jungkook peeks out his head from behind the refrigerator door when he heard the doorbell going off. He frowns and glanced at the wall clock that was striking 8:10 in the morning. The raven head shut the refrigerator door and made his way toward the front door.

The door unlocked with a soft click sound when Jungkook twisted the knob from inside and ajar it open, coming across the view of his boyfriend who was resting one of his hands against the door frame, the car keys held between his curled fingers. He was wearing a black jacket along with a white button-up underneath and a pair of raven jeans. A black mask hanging from one of his ears.

Taehyung raised his gaze as soon as the door opened and smiled, "Good morning, beautiful." He greeted the younger who was still in his night attire, a simple white t-shirt, and comfortable gray sweatpants. His bowl-cut raven strands fell over his doe eyes, giving him an innocent, childlike look and making him look much younger than his age. Though he usually likes to style his hair by parting them open from the middle to display his forehead.

"It's literally 8:30 right now," Jungkook responded but step away to make room for the older lad to walk in anyway.

"I can come here at any time, can't I?" Taehyung asked with an obvious frown while walking inside, turning around to peer at the younger who was shutting the door. Jungkook turned around and glanced at Taehyung a bit before averting his eyes from the older again as he proceeds to head back towards the kitchen again, Taehyung following him from behind.

It's been a few days already and Jungkook still hasn't gotten used to Taehyung's presence. Maybe because he's seeing the older one after four years? Or maybe because of the incident that happened on the night of the accident? Whatever the reason is, the truth is, Jungkook gets awkward around the older to the point he can't even look him straight in the eyes.

Some things take time and Jungkook is sure he can overcome this awkwardness over the time he'll spend with Taehyung. But right now, in this very period, he has to endure it.

"Have you had your breakfast?" Jungkook asked while opening the refrigerator door again to put down some eggs. Taehyung stood while leaning against the kitchen counter with crossed arms and crossed legs, "Not yet," He responded, observing the younger putting down all the ingredients one by one.

"Okay, I'm making waffles. You're good with that?" Jungkook asked as he opened the dishwasher and pulls out a bowl from there and placed it over the counter. Taehyung smiled fondly as he watch the younger with a tilt of his head, his lips stretching into a tender smile. "I am good with whatever comes from you."

The answer instantly yet subconsciously turned the tips of Jungkook's ears red as he dipped his head low and his grip around the whisk- that he was holding to beat the eggs -tightened. But Jungkook tried his best to play it off cool and not give any embarrassing reaction.

Taehyung chuckled silently as he watched the younger whisking the eggs into the bowl. Over the past few days, Taehyung has too also noticed how Jungkook was avoiding his gaze and is a tad bit awkward around him. I mean, c'mon, he knows Jungkook like his favorite books, and this kind of behavior coming from the younger is rare and foreign but he understands the younger's situation. Taehyung was in a coma so he really didn't get to experience the absence of the younger from his life but Jungkook did. He not only experienced the older's absence but also almost thought the older was basically dead. So, of course, the whole situation is a bit strange and came to be too much to take for Jungkook now.

And that's why Taehyung has planned something for the younger today. Something that can bring them even more closer and comfortable around each other. To create a bond between them.

Jungkook concentrated on making his morning breakfast until his body suddenly flinched when he felt two arms snaking around his tiny waist. Taehyung also felt the reaction and slightly leans back while peering at the back of Jungkook's head. "Did you just flinch because of my touch?" Taehyung asked, not in an offending way but in a more concerned tone.