Chapter 44: I can sacrifice the world for you

The party was finally over. All the guests are either roaming around the place or just going back to their respective hotel chambers to relax since a majority of the guests in the party are all taking a stay in this resort under Taehyung's name.

Ever since Jungkook left the party, he never went back there. Why? Because he didn't feel like it and that's why he's strolling around the swimming pool area all by himself under the cloudy yet starry sky after having his little controversial session with his ex. The chilly weather caused Jungkook to shiver slightly, his nose already turning a hue of pink. It's weird how whenever the cold breeze brushes against Jungkook's warm skin, it almost feels like the inside of his skin is sparkling(?) The feeling is just unexplainable.

He shoved both of his hands inside the pockets of his slacks while his eyes picks out the details of the decoration. Even though the prime party was held inside the hotel, the swimming pool area was decorated prettily anyway. Strings of tiny bulbs were wrapped around the body of the palm trees like glowy narrow snakes. The swimming pool vicinity was mainly elucidated by the glimmer of the bulbs.

All the sunloungers were replaced by tiny round tables with only two chairs placed across each one in case someone wants to enjoy their alone time here during the after party.

After having the conversation with Namjoon, Jungkook really wanted to expose that man to everyone right then and there. He was just so annoyed and pissed at the man for being so selfish and greedy. But he also knows he shouldn't rush anything. Yes, he has proof to expose Namjoon to Taehyung's eyes but he does not only want to expose his ex, he wants to ruin him. Destroy him.

And for that, he has a perfect plan.

A soft gasp escaped through Jungkook's parted lips when someone grabbed his forearm from behind and yanked him backward, causing him to stumble back and land right on Taehyung's broad chest with wide Bambi eyes.

"Why weren't you there throughout my speech?" That was the first thing Taehyung asked in a thick tone. His eyebrows scrunched together in disappointment but they soon evaporated like hot steam when Jungkook opened his mouth and let his lips form the excuse he just made in his mind.

"I fell sick, so I left." He uttered in his usual soft yet alluring tone, lying so smoothly. That's a particular aptitude Jungkook holds when it comes to lying. His expression never betrays him hence the opposition fails to question if he's lying or not. His lips stretched into a small, elegant smile as his flimsy gaze takes on Taehyung's attractive features.

After hearing that, Taehyung's sulk shifts into a more concerned one in a span of seconds just the way a lizard changes its color. He was about to ask if the younger was okay now but his eyes widened when his gaze fell over the white rough bandage wrapped around Jungkook's tattooed hand.

"What happened? How did you get that?!" Taehyung let out with pure concern flashing through his foxy eyes. Worry was prominent in both his tone and on his face as the male took Jungkook's injured hand between his own big palms, gently, his thumb carefully caressing the rough fabric.

"Oh, nothing. I was just holding that glass of champagne but then it suddenly shattered into pieces. Either the glass was too delicate or I am getting stronger." Jungkook enunciates the last part a bit cockily, flexing his biceps by rubbing and squeezing them as he smirks up at Taehyung who rolled his eyes at the younger's brashness.

"What? Are you jealous that I have more muscles than you?" Jungkook asked through a chuckle after getting an impassive look from Taehyung, bunny teeth on display as he grins widely.

The older male looks down at Jungkook and this time, his lips curved into a smirk instead. Shaking his head, he let go of Jungkook's injured hand to hold the younger's curvy hips. The swimming pool area was pretty secluded at this moment and since the party is over, people rather choose to relax in their rooms than roam around here.