Chapter 49: Loving you is a losing game

A familiar melody of the iPhone ringing resonated inside the silent living room along with the soft noises of cars passing by and murmurs of the busy city.

The guy with messy blonde hair stirred in his sleep and crooked his eyebrows at the annoying noise of his phone buzzing inside the pocket of his slacks. Jungkook forced open his eyes, immediately regretting as the morning sunlight directly made contact with his vision coming through the transparent walls of his living room.

He moved his body, hissing when his palm came in contact with the sharp tips of the broken glasses of the alcohol bottles and that's when everything clashed down at Jungkook as he slowly began to remember what happened last night.

But before he could think further about it, the irritating ringing of his phone seized his attention back. Jungkook cussed silently when the sharp headache from the alcohol finally hits him. He slowly raised his upper portion from the laying position and sit on the messy floor. The blonde then pulls out his phone from the pocket of his slacks, 'Assistant Wang' was hovering over the screen along with the red and green circle as the phone kept buzzing in his grip.

Jungkook swiped the green button while pressing a palm over his throbbing forehead. He cleared his throat and hold the phone close to his ear. "What is it?" He responded, voice groggy and raspy from both the alcohol effect and also because of the ear-deafening screams he let out last night.

"Mr. Jeon." Jungkook frowned when he detected the pure concern and panic lingering in his assistant's tone even through the speaker. He also noticed the urgency and slight shivers in his vocal cords. "What's the matter?" Jungkook asked. His eyebrows crooked together in confusion.

"I think you should check the morning news, sir. Today's breaking news." A grimace and deep disarray washed over Jungkook's face when Jackson hung up the phone right after telling him to check the news.

Without any further ado, Jungkook crawled toward the long couch since he spend the entire night sleeping right next to it. The blonde grabs the remote from there and turns on the smart television.

And the first thing that he came across after turning on the TV was something he never expected or even imagined to witness, not even in his ominous nightmares.

Jungkook's lips slowly parted open as he began to take shallow breaths while his body was completely frozen beside the couch. He could feel thin sweat slowly producing from his body hair follicle and his eyes deliberately extended their size as he watched the news.

The only thing he could hear and see is the feminine voice of the lady news anchor and the bold headline flashing at the edge of the screen. "Kim Taehyung, the CEO of Kim Innovation and the second son of politician Kim Do-Yun is reported to get into a crucial accident. According to the investigation team, his car fell into the river due to a heavy crash. Divers are sent underwater for further investigation. Please stay with us for more updates."

Jungkook felt his whole world flipped upside down because he could actually feel his surroundings spinning around him as he listen to the lady speak before the scene changed to the accident spot and now the screen was showing a reporter showing the recent updates of the accident spot with a helicopter over Han river. There was a huge crowd of people gathered at the bridge. A crane vessel parked right under the said bridge, probably to get out the disfigured car from underwater.

Meanwhile, none of the scenes made sense to Jungkook. He felt like he was trapped in a nightmare. Because he refused to believe whatever is happening in front of his very eyes right now is actually true.

🥀

Jungkook harshly kicks on the brake paddle and the car stopped with an annoying screeching sound. He hastily got off the car and didn't even bother to shut off the car door as he slowly started to make his way toward the crowd. He was still in his previous attire. Dirty slacks and the un-ironed white button-up isn't even tucked inside his trouser.