⋆ ❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓁 ❀ ⋆

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Alice in Borderland

     The lights in the hospital flickered before turning completely off. Everything went silent and all the people had just disappeared. 

     Minutes before this it was normal. Nurses rushing from patient to patient, the receptionist signing in visitors, doctors diagnosing patients. Then it all just stopped.

     I slowly sat up from my position on one of the hospital beds, obviously noticing the sudden change in the atmosphere. I glanced over at my vitals and they were no longer responding. I slowly took the iv out of my arm concentrating hard to make sure I didn't mess it up.

     Swinging my legs around to the side of the bed and using my arms for support so I wouldn't fall over, I carefully stepped onto the ground with just the tips of my feet and then lowered myself onto the floor. I held on to the wall still not feeling steady enough to just walk out of the room.

     After experiencing a drop in my health and having to be hospitalized I haven't really been out of this bed.

     By now I moved the curtains aside from my room and peeked out into the hallway. Nothing. No one in the hospital and the electricity was out. The only sound I could hear was the tapping from the large tree on my window.

     The hospital layout was pretty simple. The 1st floor was a waiting room and somewhere to check into. The 2nd and 3rd was where patients stayed. The 4th was filled with many operating rooms. The basement had a few machines that were used for medical diagnostics and the morgue. And the 6th was the roof level.

     I grabbed one of the crutches leaning against the wall outside my room and put it under my right arm so I could lean in it. I wasn't that tall only about 4'11 so the crutch wasn't exactly the best fit. So I tried to make the best of it. 

     Obviously using an elevator was out of the question so I walked over to the stairwell instead. Slowly making my way down I didn't even bother looking up, I was staring down at my feet, praying that I wouldn't make the wrong move and slip.

     Thankfully, I managed not to fuck up for once and made it to the lobby. It was pretty much what I was expecting. Wheelchairs were left scattered everywhere across the waiting room, making it look like the patients just got up and walked right out the door. 

     Hopefully, the health inspector didn't decide to drop by cause it looked as if someone had let a bomb crash into the middle of Shibuya and everyone had just decided to make a run for it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised If I woke up and had just dreamt this all up. I mean, how often do you get to stroll around an abandoned city?

     After making my way towards the tall glass doors at the entrance to the hospital I stood waiting for them to open automatically, remembering that the electricity was out I imagined how dumb I looked just staring at the door. I dropped my crutch onto the ground and forcefully leaned all my weight onto the door and tried to slide them apart.

     I managed to get them open although immediately fell onto the entrance of the doorway because I was basically just leaning all my body weight onto the door. I quickly glanced around making sure no one saw that, even though everything was abandoned. I looked back and grasped the crutch in my hand, heaving myself off the ground with it's support. 

     I pushed my crutch out in front of me about to leave the hospital but before I could a hole burned through it. Shocked, I let go of it and I fell to the ground using my feet to shuffle myself far away from the doors. A gigantic forcefield of red lasers shot down from the sky and started to align with the outside of the hospital.

     I looked around seeing them fall around the entirety of the building. Luckily the whole lobby had lots of glass so I could see everything happening. The lasers illuminated red lights that reflected off the glass walls of the hospital. 

     The hospital lights slowly turned back on but they were dimmed so that you could just barely make out the details of the hospital walls and the logo at the main desk.

     The electric screen above the desk that usually projects the hospital logo is turned up to a high light setting. I have to squeeze my eyes shut and slowly open them to adjust to the change in lighting. 

     It has words on it that I can't make out yet. As I move closer I notice a sign hanging from the main desk. 3 phones lie there. I pick one up and turn it on although, nothing happens. I look up and read the screen. 

Maximum players 2/3

Please wait for the game to begin.

     Before I can question the number of players, a girl that looks to be around my age, in a- bathing suit? She steps up to the desk and takes one of the phones. She glances at me and the look in her eyes makes her seem like she's not that excited for this game.

     We don't exchange any words out of the awkwardness though. Soon another person walks into the hospital and picks up a phone. I hear a chime come from all of the phones and an automated voice fills my ears.

  Maximum players 3/3 

The game will now begin, please listen closely for the instructions.

 GAME: UNKNOWN FIGURES  

♠️ FOUR OF SPADES ♠️ 

There are 6 floors in this hospital. The basement, the lobby, the 2nd and 3rd floor, Surgical Procedures, and the roof. Starting from the lobby make it to the roof of the building before they catch up to you.

Time Limit: 30 Minutes

     "What the hell do they mean by they."  The boy from earlier starts to ramble about how the game should have given us more information and that the system is lousy. I hadn't gotten a good look at him before, although now that he's talking I can see him holding a gun in his right hand. 

     Trying not to provoke him more than he already is I carefully take steps towards the stairwell away from him. 'How am I going to be able to reach the roof' I say to myself. I latch myself onto the railing and begin to make my way up before I see some kind of shadow inching up from the basement. 

     Out of fear I drag one of the wheelchairs over and throw it down the stairs. "Hey quickly come over here!" I shout to the girl and she runs over. I slam the doors to the stairwell shut before the guy with the gun can come in and I block the door off. 

     "Why'd you do that?! He doesn't have any other way up to the roof!" She says. "He had a gun I didn't have a choice! There's another stairwell over at the right side of the lobby. He'll be fine." 

     "C'mon let's get to the roof." I say

     Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading ♥️ Not sure when the next chapter will come out but I'll try to upload it soon! -  ⋆ ❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀ ⋆