⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒱𝐼 ❀ ⋆

Hey guys! Oh my god, I can't believe we're at 400 reads! This chapter is way later than usual, I'm so sorry. Enjoy the chapter! ♥️ 

     "These cards are the only way to end your nightmare." Hatter says dramatically. "To clear the game, you must collect all the cards."

     "Collect all the cards?" The boy says. "If we collect all the cards will the world we once knew return?" The spades girl questioned.

     "It's not the world that will return. Only one person can return to the real world." A confused look takes over their faces.

     "Only one?" "Yes, it's impossible for one person to clear all the games and collect all 52 cards. We cannot do this alone. That's suicide. That's why we've united as one, in order to allow one person to leave. That is The Beach's objective."

     "You have been given good cards, I've been told." 'There he goes. This whole conversation has been building up to when he steals there cards away.' I think.

     "From now on, let's play together. United, as one, and collect the remaining cards together." "What if we say no?"

     "You can't say no." Hatter says excitedly. "Your visa expires today. Seems like you have to join us, yeah?" A gloom expression falls over their faces. Knowing that they've gotten themselves into something, they can't get out of.

     If we help you, you're saying we can end the game? Will this be over?" "I can't answer that for certain. But there are indications that it's possible. Everyone in this room, long before you entered the game, has been searching this country."

     "What do you mean...this "country?" The boy asks. "Visas have been issued, therefore, this is a country." I curse Hatters stupid logic, under my breath. "It seems that the people of Tokyo haven't all disappeared like we have. We wonder, have we been transported somehow to another country?" Hatter begins to walk over to the boy and girl.

     "If we have, there must be a way to return." Mira cuts off Hatter, explaining even farther. "So together, all of us built this small organization." A speaks as well, "Electricity is produced from a fuel-powered generator."

     'Ok, well I didn't know that, why didn't they tell me this stuff when I joined?' "We use rainwater for our water supply." An finishes. "We got our firearms from the living and dead. However, only a select few of us are allowed to use them." Says Hatter.

     'Hopefully, these two never meet the "select few."' I sigh. Kuzuryu finally gets a word in, "Our aim here is to unite and collect all the cards together."

     "And in this, paradise, The Beach, we only have three rules." Here we go. Hatters "famous rules."

     "Rule one." Hatter puts one finger in the air. "Always wear a swimsuit wherever you go, you can't conceal a weapon in a swimsuit, so it's safe. Also here you are free to down in alcohol, get high on drugs, and have sex as much want. Enjoy your life while you still can."

     "All keys and locks have been destroyed and thrown away. There are no secrets." 'I figured that out the hard way.'

     "Rule two. All cards are The Beach's property. That means that all the cards you've collected, we'll hang into for safekeeping." He says, swiping up all there cards. "Those who have contributed their cards will be promoted in numerical order."

     "You see, after our collective effort sends out the first person, it won't be long before we can gather enough duplicate cards to send out a second person, then a third, and so on. The day when The Beach's brothers and sister can leave this country is fast approaching."

     "And when exactly will that be?" The boy says. "What if...I refuse to join?" Hatter turns around, that dark look in his eyes. "Well, there's a rule three." He answers seriously. "The last one. Death to all Traitors."

     Both their eyes grow larger and they sit quietly. "People in this room have sacrificed everything to ensure a first departure from The Beach, one glorious day. Soldiers in a great cause!" He screams, making them flinch,

     "To those who plot against us, The Beach shows no mercy." "Usagi." The boy speaks up. 'That must be her name.' I assume. "I'm sorry, that I got you involved." "Don't apologize. I wanted to be involved. I knew what I was doing." Usagi says.

     Hatter starts whistling, moving behind the executives and I, towards the back of the room. He starts to laugh ominously, growing louder by the second, "The Seven of Hearts!" He screams at all of us.

      "The gods are with us! One of us is closer to leaving this country. We thank you." He smiles. "Rest assured that we will consider promoting the two of you." 'Oh shit. That must mean they're going through a test too.' I think, remembering the traumatic game I played.

     "And now! Enjoy The Beach and anything you desire!" He walks out of the room triumphantly, with his guards following and shouts, "Hazumi! Untie our new members of The Beach!" 'Why can't he do it himself...' I huff, starting to sound like a child throwing a tantrum at their parent.

     "Right on it!" I step behind the two, untying the girl first. "Hey, wait a sec. Aren't you the girl from The Eight of Hearts game?" Usagi says. "Yep, I am." I hold up my wrist. "Executive number 008." I inform. "Call me Hazumi. What's you friends name?" I gesture my head in the boys direction.

     "I'm Arisu." He says. "This is Usagi." "I know." I chuckle at him, 'He's an awkward one for sure.' I say to myself, untying him as well.

     "Well get a move on!" I say. A steps forward, taking them into her hands. Most likely showing them their rooms and how everything works here. I sigh. 'That was way to stressful.'

     I walk out and waste time before the announcement at tonight's game. I guess I'm going to play tonight. Maybe that's a good thing, I'll build up on some visa days.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

      'How the hell did I get here?' I question myself. Kuina and Chishiya were in the lobby, blending in among the thousands of Beach occupants. They were all screaming and chanting for Hatter.

     I took a deep breath, tonight he was revealing my spot as a new executive. Which meant I had to make a speech. I don't even know what I'm supposed to say. It doesn't help that Niragi is literally right next to me, trying to talk.

     "So, todays your big night, huh loser?" He says, I try my best to ignore him. Not wanting to start a scene. And thank god, for once I'm happy Hatters speaking to me, calling me up.

     "My loyal followers of The Beach! Today I will introduce to you the newest member of our executives! Our newest hearts specialist!"

     I walk towards where he is standing, putting both my hands on the railing steadying myself. Looking along the vast sea of people. "Hello everyone." I start, projecting my voice as loud as possible. I glanced towards Kuina and Chishiya, not knowing where I should look.

     "My name is Hazumi. As Hatter already said, I'm a heart's specialist." I see Arisu and Usagi look up at me from among the crowd. They're eyes looking fearful, most likely because I had mentioned hearts games.

     "I haven't been here the longest, although my knowledge of this place is the same as any other. I'm excited to have been promoted to an executive. I'll do my best to fulfill that role." I finish, everyone cheering.

     'Well that wasn't too bad.' I cheer myself on. "Oh yes and I forgot to say." Hatter says. "Starting today I'll be promoting all executives from numbers, 15 to 5 up. So we can make room for lower executives."

"With that being said, may my luck be with you all! Go to your respective cars!

     Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter! I'll see you all tomorrow! -❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒