⋆ ❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼 ❀⋆

Hey, guys! We're almost at 100 votes, thank you all so much! I really didn't think that this book would get this far. Trigger Warning: Violence. Enjoy the chapter! ♥️ 

     I looked around the security room wondering how it had gotten to this. Kuina was laying motionless on the floor, blood seeping through her clothes. 

     Chishiya stood in front of me, gun in hand. Smiling wickedly. "Jeez, how gullible are you two? I  gave you dozens of hints. Telling you not to trust anyone, stop meeting up with that stupid  bartender, and you still did."

     "It's unbelievable how some people just don't get the hint." Hatter said walking up beside him. "Thank you Chishiya. If it wasn't for you, we would have never figured out what these two were up to. Be assured that you'll be moving up in the ranks."

     "Niragi, take them away." "Of course, Aguni." I watched as they hauled Kuina's lifeless body out the door.

     "How could you?" I directed towards Chishiya. "We had a fucking plan! I trusted you! Kuina trusted you! And what?! For nothing?! So you could turn on us?!"

     He leaned down, putting his mouth up to my ear and whispered, "It was your decision to betray The Beach. I had nothing to do with it."

     "You were in on it!-" "Shut up bitch!" I felt a rifle slam against the side of my head. You know, I've been waiting for this." An evil voice snickered. "Ever since Chishiya and Aguni interrupted our fun little chat in the hallway, I've been wanting to have some more quality  time with my favorite whore. 

     "Don't touch me, Niragi!" I screeched in terror, using all of my strength to try and kick him away. While he  was just watching me. Watching as this monster was about to assault me. How could I have made such a bad decision? Was I really that stupid? 

     'Is this my fault? Would Kuina still be alive?' I asked myself as tears welled up into my eyes. We had spent so many nights talking together, sharing dreams, having false hopes. Although, every moment was still so precious.

     I felt him grab my legs and try to drag me into the lobby, so everyone could "enjoy"  the sick "show"  he was bound to put on.

     "Hey, all you stupid bastards! Tonight, I will demonstrate what happens when you betray The Beach-"

I screamed for someone, anyone  to help.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     I woke up in a cold sweat. Panicking, I glanced around my room, my heart feeling as it was about to burst, it was like having a strong feeling of anxiety before a presentation. I was shaking and tired.

      An awful headache found its way to the front of my head, banging aggressively against my temples. It was a hot, white, searing pain that wouldn't go away.

     I blinked the tears out of my eyes, remembering the cold, emotionless body of Kuina. 'Dammit. Did I drink too much yesterday? How come I'm in my room...did someone move me? Last thing I remember was drifting off in that meeting in a Chishiya's room...'

     Still slightly scared, I got out of bed. Setting my objective to find some sort of pain or hangover medicine. 

     I entered the kitchen, eyes on the clock. It was still 3 in the morning. 'How the hell am I supposed to go back to sleep?'

     I looked in my cabinet finding a note, "If medical attention is needed, seek a medical professional on Floor 6. Medicine is not provided for common colds, coughs, or hangovers." -An Rizuna

     'Great, maybe I could convince her I have a fever...? Or just pull the "But I'm an executive" card.'

     I took a glass of water to the balcony, muted noises of people laughing and music playing filled my ears. It wasn't as chaotic looking from a distance. It was actually sort of calming in a way. Maybe that's why Chishiya liked to sit on the roof. 

     I couldn't really bring myself to imagine him sitting there, watching people because it made him happy to see other people having fun. Although everyone has a side to them you don't know about. Right?

     I placed my glass on the railing, watching it fall and shatter. It was satisfying, and I didn't feel any sort of annoyance, so I stared at it, contemplating if I should pick it up. I guess my mind decided it didn't care enough, because I walked out of my room and began searching for An.

    Kuina told me she's always up, doing some form of dissection every now and then. It would make sense that she's up at night. It's so much more peaceful, and not a lot of people to bother her.

     Medical attention was 6th floor right? The only room on that level was the meeting room, so I guess it matched up.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     I knocked on the only other door in the hallway, putting my ear up to it so I could hear for an answer. "What is it?" I heard a female voice speak. 'I'm guessing that's An.'

     "Um, hello? It's Hazumi...the one from the meeting a few days ago." I spoke. The door opened and I saw her come out. She removed her glasses and, closed her eyes, sighing at me. "What do you need? You realize how late it is don't you? I have work to do."

     "I'm sorry. It's just that, I needed some pain medication, If you don't mind." She eyed me closely, before stepping aside and allowing me to come in. "I hope you don't scare easily." She said, putting her sunglasses on top of her head.

     Inside there was a body lying on top of what seemed to be the famous "dissection table" Kuina always ranted about to me, I guess she wasn't good with dead people...

     "Follow me, I keep the medication in separate cabinets." "Oh, right...sorry." I followed her over to the other side of the room.

     "Medicine here is scarce, I can't hand it out to just anyone. I hope this is urgent." She takes out one pill. "If you need water, it's over there."

     "It's fine." I say not wanting to trouble her farther. She raises her eyebrows, although doesn't question anything.

     "Have a nice night then, I hope your well enough for the meeting this morning." 'Crap. I totally forgot about that. No point in going back to bed though.'

     "Of course, I'll see you there." I say trying to bring fourth as much cheeriness as I can. I doesn't really work.

     I take the elevator up to the roof, hoping that I'll be in a less zombie-like state by late morning. Out here it's still dark, of course there's still partiers.

     I'm able to make out a figure of someone sitting by the edge of the roof. I squint my eyes, seeing it raise its hand to wave, even though they have seen me yet. 

No way...is that Chishiya?

     Hey guys! Once again I'm sorry this chapter came out later than usual. I have tighter schedules Mondays and Wednesdays, sorry! See you tomorrow! -❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒