⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒱 ❀⋆

Hey, guys! I wanted to thank you all for the reads and votes, it means so much to me! Just to let you all know, Shiyori gets to The Beach before Arisu. Anyways, here's the chapter, enjoy! ♥️ 

     I took a glance behind my shoulder as the doors shut to see Kuina giving me a thumbs up. I can't believe I agreed to this. 'Shit- I don't even remember what I'm supposed to say.' Oh well, I'll just go with the flow and improvise.

     I looked around the room feeling anxious at how so many eyes were on me. A table sat in the middle of the room, and the executives I guess I should call them were all sitting down facing me. Except for one which was standing up at the end of the table. He looked to be more superior then the others. I'm guessing he was the leader.

     "What the hell are you doing shorty?! Say something!" The guard shouted at me. "Geez, ok." I mumbled.

     "Uh, hi...?" I said awkwardly. Everyone at the table felt like they were scrutinizing me, except for one who was just sitting there, and... smirking at me? 'Why the hell is he looking at me like that.' I said to myself. Isn't anyone here normal? They all look like they're apart of some weird ass cult.

     "Welcome to The Beach! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Hatter. I'm the leader of this paradise! I understand that you would like to join my utopia! Tell us your name, and we can all introduce ourselves to you."

     "I'm Hazumi, Hazumi Shiyori." I stood awkwardly at the front of the room with my arms crossed over my chest. Why does this have to be so formal? Just invite me in already.

     "Well, this is Aguni. He is the leader of the militants and my right hand man." Hatter smiled proudly at him while resting his hand on Aguni's shoulder. If I'm being honest he didn't look to thrilled to have the title.

     "This is Kuzuryu. If I somehow perish, he will take over my spot. We could all learn a lot from him, he's one of the most wise people I know."

     "An, over here is apart of the Metropolitan Police Forensics team. She does autopsies on bodies, and specializes in diamonds." An didn't exactly look that positive about any of this either. Honestly, I don't think anyone is.

     "Ah, and Mira! She's the only executive who specializes in hearts." Ok, I take back what I said earlier. Maybe some of them are positive but, definitely not in a good way. This Mira girl will not stop smiling. It's actually starting to get kind of creepy-.

     "Last boss over there." I looked over to the man standing by the wall. "He's also a militant." Ew, this guy is super freaky. Why is he crouched over like that? 'Maybe he has back problems' I snickered to myself.

     "Last but not least, Chishiya. He forms all the strategies we use at The Beach, and is vital to The Beach. He has my trust." Interesting. Maybe this is the guy Kuina was talking about. I glanced in his direction and he pulled one hand out of his pockets and slightly waved at me.

     "Now, Hazumi." Hatter called. I looked towards him and tried to pay attention. "I hear from our guards-." "Um, sir I'm sorry to interrupt but, Niragi shot the other guard." I hear the man who led me in say. "He did what?!" Spats the man who I remember is named Aguni. 

     He picks his gun off the table and starts marching towards the door. He leaves presumably going after his second in command, Niragi.

      "My apologies for the interruption, Hazumi." My attention goes back to the leader. "As I was going to say, I heard from the guard. That you have something to offer The Beach, in exchange for becoming one of my executives. Care to enlighten us?"

     "Well, I probably haven't been here as long as all of you. Although, I wanted to lend all the help I could to get us back to the real world. I understand that you may not has as many cards as you'd like, at the moment. I wanted to make an offer to help gather some cards for The Beach."

     Hatters attention was now completely focused, I could tell that he was obsessed with gathering these cards to get us out of this world. "Yes, go on. We're all listening."

     Before I could begin talking my gaze flickered to Chishiya again. He was still staring directly at my eyes. I felt like he knew I was lying.

     "I specialize in hearts games. I haven't gotten any cards because they were all taken before I could get to them. Although I was hoping that, if I was under The Beach, I could win the games for you, and no matter who enters the games, we'll still end up with the cards. As long as I'm playing with the other members from The Beach."

     "Hazumi. I'm interested in your offer. Although, there's just two things." He walked over to the back of the room. "Guards!" He shouted. "Reveal it!" The whole back of the room suddenly opened up and revealed a giant mural of cards.

     "As you can see, we have one heart card at the moment. The two of hearts. If you're as dedicated as you say, then surely you'll have no problem collecting these cards. Am I right?"

     "I'll do everything in my power to gather every last one." I said

     He slowly strolled over towards me with a serious look on his face. "Very, well I'll grant you admission into the executives on one condition. You will demonstrate your skills tonight in a hearts game."

     He turned to face the table once again. "Is anyone's visa expiring tonight?" Chishiya the boy who had been staring at me the whole time slowly raised his hand. "Yep." He answered

     "Very well, Mira and Chishiya will accompany you to tonight's game. I expect to have good results come back tonight. Best of luck to all of you. Oh, and Chishiya!" Hatter exclaimed. "Please show our recruit to her room, and do you best to explain to her the rules of The Beach.

    "Meeting dismissed!"

     Hey, guys! Thanks for reading this chapter, I can't wait to start writing the next! Also let me know your opinions on if Kuina is an executive or not. See you guys tomorrow! -⋆ ❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀ ⋆