⋆ ❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝓁𝓁 ❀ ⋆

Hey, guys! For some reason it won't let me put pictures at the beginning of each chapter, I'll try to find out how to fix it. By the way this chapters going to be from Kuina's point of view, anyways enjoy the chapter! ♥️ 

     "So, what is this place? I just don't get it. One second everything's normal and then the next I'm in some kind of alternate Tokyo. Wait- is it just here? What if it's all of Japan? What if it's the whole world?! Oh my god! What's going to happen to us?!"

     "Ok... well if I'm being honest. I don't actually know where we are. But, what I do know is, we have a visa that um well... basically lets us have free rent in this place. Although when we run out, we have to play another one of those games, and then our visa get's refilled. Since that was a Four of Spades we got four more days on our visas. The number depends on how hard the game is. If it's Spades it's a physical game. Diamonds is intelligence game. Clubs is teamwork. Then Hearts is a mind game. You'll be lucky if you don't run into any of those."

     "What if we don't want to play another one of those games? I mean if I'm being honest it kind of really sucked." 

     "Uh, well that's not really how it works. Think of it as... rent. When you can't pay it... you get kicked out of where you're staying. So, when you run out of days on your visa, you get uh... kicked out."

     "So, we go back to the real world after we run out of days?" 

     "You know what, it's hard to explain. I'm sure you'll get a chance to find out what happens when you do run out." 'I mean she's bound to find someone who just gives up.'

     "Ok... well what about the time limit thing? What happens when it runs out?" Shiyori said. "When you don't complete a game in the time limit, you lose. You won't have another chance at it either." I explained.

     "Look!" I decided to try and stray away from her questions. "That's like my favorite clothing brand! C'mon, c'mon! We gotta go in! Oh, and after we need to get you some shoes!"

     We entered the store and looked around. 'I don't remember it being this big' I said to myself. Looking around almost the entirety of it was made of glass. I looked up and there were three different levels to this place, all connected by elevators. They weren't working though, of course.

     "Woah, well I guess we won't need to look in another store." I told her, this place was gigantic. "Well no reason to keep wandering around this floor." I said while judging most of the clothing designs. "This is the men's section."

     We both walked up the escalator to the next floor. Bingo. Most of the stuff downstairs had likely been raided by militants from the beach or just people needing to freshen themselves up. So, a lot of the store so far had been empty. Looks like no one had enough time to actually check this place out farther though.

     "Hey, go look over there. I'm pretty sure that's where they keep the summer stuff." She went over to the other part of the floor to take a look. I took the backpack off my shoulder I carry around whenever I'm outside of the beach, and took a cigarette out. I'm not actually smoking it, so it can't be that bad for me.

     "I didn't know you smoked." I turned around and Shiyori was facing me. "I'm not smoking it. Just putting it in my mouth. I'm trying to stop smoking, so hopefully this will help." "Oh, well look what I found."

     She held up some white jean shorts and a cropped t-shirt with a few cutouts on the back. "This shirts super flowy so it shouldn't really get in the way. What do you think?"

     "Stop! That's literally so cute, it totally suits you!" I complimented. "Now we just have to find you some shoes, pretty sure they have some upstairs."

     We headed upstairs and there wasn't much. When you're constantly playing games and running around, you're bound to mess your shoes up. "Just find a pair of sneakers and some socks, you can't go wrong with those."

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     "Shiyori, do you have anywhere to go?" I asked. "Not really."

     "I have somewhere you can stay. There's electricity, food, water, and medical stuff. If you want I can bring you there." 

     "It's fine, I'm sure you're limited on supplies. There can't be a lot of that stuff to go around here."

     "The place I'm staying at is a hotel we call The Beach. There's tons of people and they have tons of stuff for everyone. You just have to follow of few rules. The more cards you have the better chance you have at getting a good spot there. Even better heart cards."

     "I don't have any cards though, and I don't think I'll be getting more for a while." 

     "I have an idea. It's not a great plan, but it's all I got. Right now, we're working to get out of this place, and right now, no one has been able to come back alive with heart cards. We really need some more people who specialize in that. If I bring you to the leader and you tell them you specialize in hearts, I bet you can get a spot in the executive members."

     "I don't know anything about these games though, much less these hearts ones you keep talking about. Besides I don't have any cards."

     "Just say that you weren't able to collect them. Even if it doesn't work I'm sure you'd still get a spot at the beach, and if it does then maybe you can help earn over everyone's trust. My friend and I have a plan to get us out of here, if you can help us out, we'll let you in on it too."

     "I'm not really that sure if it'll work." She says. "Although, I'm willing to try. After being cooped up in a hospital room for half a year, I could use some excitement."

     "I'll bring you to The Beach, and you help gain their trust for the plan, is it a deal?"

"Deal."

     Hey guys! I tried to make this chapter longer this time. Things are starting to get exciting, expect the beach to make an appearance next chapter! Thank you all for reading, see you next chapter! -⋆ ❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀ ⋆