⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝐼𝒱 ❀ ⋆

I'M BACK LOVES! <3 Ok, ok I'll calm down. I felt literally so guilty, I had to post something- I missed you all so much. Thanks for all the support on the book while I was on a tiny break. I'm still not back from my vacation, this is just a quick update. It'll be back to daily updates soon, so don't worry! Enjoy the chapter! ♥️ 

     I was relaxing in Chishiya's room with Kuina, making some disaster of dessert. He better not get back anytime soon...

     "Uh, Kuina?" I turned to face her. "Yea, what's up?" "Do you feel bad at all about all the decoy stuff? I mean, it's kind of messed up. Right?"

     "Yeah...I do think about it sometimes. I know that it's for the best. Well for us. Although I can't help but want to find another way."

     "I wonder if Chishiya-" I didn't get to finish my thought, before the door slammed open. The kitchen was in a whole other room then the entrance, so we weren't able to see who came in. It definitely wasn't Chishiya though.

     "...um, should we...? Check it out...?" I whispered hesitantly. "Where the hell are you?! Get out of your hiding spot, you little shit!

     Yep, I know that voice. Speak of the devil, here he comes. "Niragi? Are you serious?! What are you doing in here?! This is Chishiya's room!"

     "Yeah, no shit genius." He sneered. "Aguni, called all higher ups to the meeting room. Something important. Believe me I didn't want to come get you."

     "Aguni did? Doesn't Hatter usually call the meetings?" I asked. "Hatter's at a game right now. So, it must be pretty urgent if we're doing it without him. Look, I don't have time to be making conversation with you! Just follow me!" He stormed out of the room.

     "Um, see you later I guess?" I said to Kuina, as I stumbled out trying to keep up with Niragi. He better not have left yet.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     "Well...this is awkward." I laughed. "You're lucky I can't shoot you." He mumbled. We had got into the elevator, and instead of dropping us off at the right floor we had stopped at the basement level first. 

     An and another boy quickly staggered in, with a serious look on their face. Well, on An's. The other boy looked extremely nervous and scared. Maybe he has claustrophobia. It is pretty stuffy in this elevator. 

     I looked down at his wrist, seeing an executive tag. That's odd. He's not in the higher ups, although pretty close to it. I wonder if he's also attending the meeting.

     An and Niragi were busy judging each other like normal, so I tried to make conversation with him. "I'm Hazumi." I held a hand out for him to shake.

     He took it quickly, I could tell he was pretty awkward by his frantic grip. He was sweating an awful lot.

     "I'm Tatta." He said, quickly bowing his head down a few times in succession. "I haven't seen you before...are you apart of the militants?" I asked, scanning him for any weapons.

     "No! Definitely not!" He said. An and Niragi turned around, staring at him. "He's definitely not in any militia I know." Niragi laughed, obnoxiously. 

     "...Sorry I didn't mean to yell." Tatta mumbled. "I'm apart of the electrical crew. I build things around The Beach too."

     The elevator made a chime sound, and the doors opened. A stormed out, Niragi laughing at her from behind. 'He's such an asshole...'

     Tatta ran after An, telling me we'd talk another time. I walked out, following everyone else. The guards were leaning against opposite sides of the meeting doors, as they always were. 

     "Hey, shorty! Give me your executive information!" I felt my eye twitch, resisting the urge to kick them in between their legs.

     "Shiyori, Hazumi. Number, 006." I told them. "Yeah, ok." They opened the doors, and let me walk through.

     I was not expecting to see everyone standing, gathered around a table, covered with a tarp in the middle of the room. Although, I went to stand in my respective spot. Giving a tiny wave to Chishiya.

     The only person we were missing at this point was Arisu. For someone who just got newly appointed to an executive he sure isn't showing responsibility.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     I just saw a few executives running towards the meeting room, so I thought I'd check it out with Usagi.

     After being appointed to the newest executive seat, I figured it would be best to attend the meeting. Even though no one had told me about it.

     "Arisu, are you sure about this?" Usagi asked. "Maybe there's a reason they didn't tell you about this meeting..."

     "Whoa, what are you doing here?" One of the guards spoke, leaning off the wall. "What the hell do you two want?" Niragi strolled out from behind the meeting doors.

      "Niragi, just leave them alone!" I heard a voice from inside the room yell. "Shut up, shorty!" He yelled back. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm not short!-" The door slammed shut.

     Niragi, rolled his eyes and looked at the both of us, "No one asked you to come here!" He shouted, Usagi flinching back.

     "Actually, I'm the one who asked him." Chishiya opened the doors, a smirk on his face. "Yeah? Who says you can summon people now?" Niragi walked up to Chishiya, staring him down.

     'They must have some kind of history with each other...' I thought. It felt as if you could cut the tension.

     "There's something important he has to hear. Let's go in." He looked towards me. Niragi scoffed, going back inside.

     "See you later." I told Usagi. She nodded at me, looking hesitant. I could tell she wanted to follow.

     The guard held a hand in front of me. "Hold up. I know, Chishiya invited you in, although I still need your executive information. It's protocol. The boss will kill me if I let you in without it.

     I nodded my head in understanding, tossing Chishiya a glance that I'd be there in a second. "Arisu, Ryohei. Number 315."

     "...Kid. You're not any where near the executives. Executives are one through nine. How were you invited?" 

     Chishiya pulled me aside, before I could answer. "What's going on?" I asked him. Genuinely curious.

     "Not a clue, but it's gotta be something pretty serious." He told me, walking past the guards with me this time.

     He opened the doors and we walked in, a gloomy and dark feeling in the air. Chishiya quickly walked to his spot, I stood awkwardly in between him and a militant.

And, I don't know what I was expecting to see under that tarp. Although, it definitely wasn't Hatter's lifeless body.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that chapter, also I'll probably have a new updating schedule once summer ends. I'd say around 5 or so. See you on the 20th ! -❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒