⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒱𝐼𝐼 ❀ ⋆

Hey, guys! Hope you're all doing well! Thanks for all the votes and reads, enjoy the chapter! ♥️ 

     "Aw, I'm not in the same game as you guys." Kuina sulked. "Hey, but let's make sure to catch up when you come back, alright?" She whispered to me. I'm not sure if she wanted to do some kind of girl talk, although it was pretty obvious what she said, I don't think it'll be much of a challenge for anyone around us to hear what she was saying.

     "Kuina. In all seriousness, you are the worst whisperer I've ever met." We started laughing together before we were interrupted by Chishiya.

     "We have to go to the car now, if we're not fast enough they'll leave without us." He turned and started to walk down the stairs and head to the parking lot.

     "Ugh, well see you later Kuina. You better win the game!" I shouted while running to catch up with Chishiya. This guy was like a cat, I seriously could not keep up with him, he just kept disappearing everywhere.

     "You to Shiyori!" She shouted back. "Stay safe." I heard her mumble. Even though I was farther away I could still hear her, because barely no one was in the lobby now, they must have been excited for the games, to leave so quickly.

     I wonder what she meant by that? She still hadn't told me yet what happens when you loose a game. Hopefully I'll get to find out tonight.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     "Chishiya, and Hazumi, I'm glad you've finally made it." The girl who I remember named Mira said to me. She still had that creepy smile on her face. I don't know what it was, but she gave me weird vibes. 'I need to distance myself from her, once we're done with this game.' I didn't like the way she felt, it was like there was this aura around her, that screamed bad fortune.

     The car was a black van, it had three seats in the back, three in the middle, and two up front. There was someone already in the drivers seat, a boy around my age. He had a gun with him so I assumed he was some kind of militant, just not that high up in terms of power.

     Chishiya grabbed the passenger seat next to him, and all the others were already filled. 'Great...I'll have to sit with her.' "Sorry, Mira there was so much commotion in the lobby, I sort of got lost." I lied. I was actually just bombarding Chishiya with questions.

     He did however explain one more thing to me. The Beach had a basement that only executives knew of. We all knew where the key was, although usually only the maintenance crew went down there to fix electrical and water supply.

     Although, the militants also used the basement for weapon storage and a base. So I should avoid it at all cost.

     "Oh, no worries Hazumi, I'm just glad you could make it. I can't wait to see you demonstrate your skills tonight. You did say you specialize in Hearts games, right?! She said excitedly. "Well good thing we chose a game arena that's most likely to be hearts!"

     "I can't wait to see you in your best environment. After all I do specialize in hearts myself." She chuckled, lowering her voice. "Uhm, yeah...can't wait." I trailed on trying to sound excited. It just didn't come out very convincing.

     Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chishiya raise his eyebrows and smirk at me. Mira couldn't see it because she was behind his seat, although I could. Damn him for always knowing when I'm lying, it's not fair.

     "Um excuse me, Ms. Mira." I heard one of the three girls in the backseat say. "Is this really going to be a hearts game? My friends and I are all together. I don't want to lose them." She said. 

     "Well..." I heard Chishiya sigh. "According to the line up of other arenas and the repeated hearts games that have occurred here, we've decided that the likelihood of this arena being a hearts games is extremely likely, and almost certain. After all none of the other wards were expected to have a hearts game tonight."

     I'm not sure if he was messing with the girls and trying to scare them before the game, but it was definitely working. The one who had spoken before started to tear up, and her voice came out shaky, "T-that can't be true right? I-I mean-" She couldn't get any more words out before she started to sob. Her friends tried comforting her, although it was a lost cause.

     I felt bad for her. It must be hard to come across friends, or make any real ones here. I wound want to lose mine either. I hope they stay strong.

     "Hey, guys! We're here! Come, on let's get out! We need to enter before it fills up, or we won't be getting any days on our visa today! Chishiya and I's are expiring today!" I furrowed my eyebrows at that. Had Chishiya been talking to our driver the whole time? He didn't seem like the talkative type.

     I wondered what he was getting from doing that. Was he trying to gain his trust?

     We all got out of the van, and closed the doors. Our driver, who's named I learned was Kaito, locked the doors and took the key with him. We wouldn't want anyone stealing our car during the game.

     I turned around about to look at the game venue and bumped into something. I looked up and saw Chishiya. "Chishiya? Is something wrong?

     "I need to warn you about something." He said leaning down into my ear so no one could hear. "If you lose games here, you die. Not in a pleasant way either. Same if your visa runs out." "What are you talking about?!" I said surprised.

     "Kuina and I didn't tell you because she thought you would be less likely to agree to our plan, if you knew. Right nows not the time to be angry about it though, we can discuss it later with Kuina. For now, we need to focus on trusting each other, so we can make it through this game."

     "If Mira try's to talk to you tonight during whatever game we're about to be thrown into, do not answer. She'll try and trick you into losing, or something worse. Remember, shes testing you right now." 

"Good luck." He said and strolled towards the rest of our group.

     Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Chishiya just dropped a bomb on Hazumi so, she knows now what happens if you lose a game. Let's hope she can win the game and pass the test! See you next chapter! - ❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀ ⋆