⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳 ❀ ⋆

Hey, guys! We made it to Chapter 10! Yay! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Love you all! ♥️ 

     "What, is it Hazumi?" I heard Mira say. "It's the eight of hearts...isn't this, one of the highest cards?"

     "...Didn't you already figure that out by now?" Kaito questioned. "Well- yeah. I guess...I just didn't notice." I said disoriented. This game was really starting to have a toll on me.

     I looked around the game arena and saw all the bodies of the people I had spent two hours with. It hurt, even though I hadn't known them. I wasn't religious, but I still took a moment to thank them. It felt like something I just had to do.

     I took my fingers and made an outline of a cross across my chest, silently praying for them. I'm sure they went through hell and back to make it this far.

     I felt everyone's eyes burn into the back of my head, studying what I was doing. It's crazy how everyone here was so desensitized to death. Though, I didn't exactly blame them.

     I picked up the card carefully and studied it in my hand. This tiny insignificant thing was what we had just gone through hours of fighting to get. Although, I think I can guarantee a spot in the executives.

     I didn't exactly do much, although at least I'm alive, right? For my second game I've played yet, I'd say it was pretty good.

     Out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure come up beside me. A blur of white and moved so slyly. Chishiya.

     "We have to go. If we don't leave soon, Hatter will think we didn't make it back." "Alright." I agreed, taking the card and putting it in my tiny jean pocket.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     Outside it was pitch black. It was summer so I was guessing it must have been pretty late. The first game I had played had been much shorter. How long could these games get? I'd have to ask Chishiya tomorrow.

     The cicadas were buzzing way too loud in my ear. I wish they would be quiet. I'm to exhausted for this. 

     While, Chishiya and Mira found their seats in the van I saw Kaito come out of the game venue with an arm around the girl in our group. She was still crying for her friends. It's almost like Chishiya had cursed her earlier when we were all talking. He had said something along the lines of most of us not surviving. Poor girl.

     'Although, at the same time they were kind of cute together.' I giggled to myself, partially feeling bad for laughing at a time like this. But I couldn't help it!

     "Hey..." I turned to the girl making sure no one could hear us. "What's your name? You don't look like you're from Japan." She looked up at me with a teary gaze in her eyes, "I'm Amane. My father is from the U.S., my mother is from Japan."

      "Oh...I'm sorry about your friends. They seemed like great people." I whispered to her. "I'm Hazumi, if you want we can hang out sometime...? Or go to games together."

     "Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll um... say hi if I see you around." "Yea...same." I answered as we fell into a comfortable silence.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆     

     We made it back to The Beach. Chishiya and Mira went with me to the meeting room. I saw Kaito and Amane walk away together, they were probably going to their rooms. 

     Before we parted I asked Kaito and Amane for which room and level they lived on. We would be in the same group for games now, so it would make sense to get to know each other. They both lived on the 3rd floor. Amane in room 8 and Kaito in room 16.

     By the time we made it to the meeting room everyone had already been seated. A seat had been placed between Mira and Niragi for me. Great. These two might be the worst out of anyone here. Well, except for that guy in the corner. What's up with his sword...?

     "Chishiya. Mira. If you would, enlighten us on your game tonight?" Hatter said, starting the meeting. 'This one better be shorter than the one earlier.'

     "Ah, I would love to!" Mira announced standing from her chair and keeping her hands folded in front of her. "Hazumi, would you mind handing me the card?" 

     "Oh, right of course! Sorry..." I said fumbling to hand it to her. "No worries!" She told me. "Would you all hurry the fuck up?! Screamed Niragi, 'This bitch' I thought. 'He better stop screaming in my ear.'

     "Everyone! I present to you, the eight of hearts!" Mira announced, holding it up in front of everyone proudly. 

     "What the-" I heard Niragi mumble. I turned to Hatter and visibly saw his change of attitude. "Amazing! The Eight of Hearts! This makes the third new card tonight! And an Eight of all things!" I heard him say while laying a One of Diamonds and a 3 of Spades.

     "Hazumi! Get up here!" He yelled excitedly. I was sort of cautious, I almost thought he would accidentally wack me out if happiness, it was kind of scary...

     I saw him take a pink tag or was it a band? Out of his "servants" hand. "Starting today, Hazumi is officially apart of the Executives! I expect you all to treat her with respect! This achievement of such a high card, is simply magnificent!"

     I smiled awkwardly at everyone, starting to feel like how I did when my mom would introduce me to her friends or when my she suddenly asked me to say hi on the phone to one of my long lost relatives I'd never met before but, she claimed that I had met before when I was younger. For some oddly specific reason, it felt like deja vu. Or whatever the hell you call it.

     I sat back down and they began to talk about other insignificant things, so I spaced off, feeling tired and bored. It had to at least be 11 by now. I'm definitely sleeping in tomorrow.

     "Hazumi, before the meeting is dismissed would you mind telling us which group you'd like to be sorted into? The militants or my group of loyal followers?" Hatter called. Here I felt like I was being called on by my math teacher. Why was everything so nostalgic?

     "Um..."I glanced at Niragi and "Last Boss" who were sneering and looking at me intimidatingly. "Definitely not the militants." I murmured.

     He somehow managed to hear me and let out the most annoying laugh I've ever fucking heard. "Alright then! It's agreed, you'll join us! Meeting dismissed! Everyone go get some rest, you deserve it, and you three!" He glanced at Mira, Chishiya, and I. "Enjoy the eight extra days in your visa!

     "Will do!" I sighed sarcastically ready to get out of here. I took a glance at my tag and was able to make out a number on it. For a new person I was pretty high up. 

"Number 008"

     Hey guys! Not sure if you noticed but, Kaito's name means Sea and Amane's means Sky. So I guess that's kind of cool! Anyways, see you in the next chapter! -❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀ ⋆