⋆❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼 ❀ ⋆

Hi loves! <3 Didn't think I'd come back? Told you guys I wouldn't leave you hanging! I'm ready to write! Alsoooo... I've been sick for this past week, (Pray for me 🙏🏻 🤞🏻)Had a drop in free time and wasn't able to write. It was pretty bad, although I'm able to balance it again! Also, 1.3K?!?! I can't tell you guys how happy I am! (I couldn't have done it without my daily reader, shout-out to all you beautiful people <3) Thanks for waiting for me, I've been catching up on all the comments and stuff all night! ANYWAYS, long A/N (I knowwww I just really wanted to catch up with all of you) as always... enjoy the chapter! ♥️

After making sure the militants had left to deal with Arisu and Usagi, we all went back to our spots to prepare for our actual plan.

Which is, taking the cards and escaping with just us three. Us three meaning, Kuina, Chishiya, and I. If all goes as planned.

My eyes flashed to the other monitor as I scanned the screen for Kuina. And there she was. Leaning against a wall in the executives hallway.

I started to relax and sit back down, now that the hard part of this plan was over. I forget whatever the he'll Aguni used to do as a job. Was is the army or something? Whatever it was I can't imagine that he'd let Chishiya fool him so easily into believing that Chishiya was the savior in this situation.

"How are things going over there, Kuina?" I heard Chishiya's voice come from the radio. I turned up the volume to listen closer to how the plan was carrying out.

"All right, I guess. Aguni is still in his room." She whispered, cautious off him being able to hear her if she was too loud.

I heard her continue speaking, "I'm dying of boredom over here." I could hear how exhausted she was.

"Well" Chishiya spoke up. "Let's go ahead with our plan then." I tapped a few buttons on the laptop that was hooked up to the security camera, so I could change the focus from Kuina to Chishiya on the monitor.

"I have no idea if Arisu is smart or stupid. There's no way they'd keep the cards in an ordinary safe." He said, walking towards the painting on the wall that he was staring at earlier, when Arisu had been caught by Niragi and Aguni.

"Then where do you think the real safe is?" I asked him, watching the security camera of him to make sure no one was coming.

"I'm not sure, but when Arisu found the fake safe, Aguni who usually had a good poker face, was glancing towards something else." He said, looking like he was recalling the prior events.

     "I think what whatever's in that envelope isn't a code or some blank letter. I think it might just be a drawing." He spoke.

     "What...? A drawing?" I pressed the speak button on my radio, "How is that possible? How is that a code...?" I asked him.

     He turned to the painting on the wall of a deer, and ignored my question. Stepping closer, and inspecting it with his eyes, closely. While sighing.

     He carefully took it off the wall and lifted it onto the ground softly. 'Does he have muscles...?' No shut up Hazumi. Be quiet this is serious.

     I watched intently as a safe immersed from behind the painting, it was implanted and built into the wall. Definetly more hidden than that other safe...

     "So, this is why you sacrificed them?" Kuina said, having the courage to speak up to him. Secretly, I agreed with her, but haven't spoken my opinion.

     He smirked, answering her and putting his left hand into his pocket. "Yeah, well, you gotta give something to get something."

     Wise words for such a terrible act. But...then again, Niragi's worse. Soooo, morally it wouldn't be that wrong of me to...

     'No. Stop thinking like that. If you talk out loud again this could end up a disaster.' I heard Chishiya's voice come through the radio again.

     "They were pawns, that all. Shit happens." Fuck. He's hot when he curses. "Yeah, well, all I know." Kuina said. "Is that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be your enemy."

     Chishiya let out a soft chuckle. "Yeah, I get that a lot." I rolled my eyes at his audacity, remembering how Arisu had said something similar to that before getting betrayed.

     All of a sudden Kuina's radio cut off and she muted herself. I quickly changed the screens to see what was happening on her side, praying nothing went wrong.

     Out of the corner of the screen I saw a staggering shadow. Don't tell me...god dammit. It's him. I quickly muted my radio so he wouldn't be able to hear any noise, seeing Chishiya do the same.

     He gave Kuina a weird look and stared her down as he limped down the hallway with that katana of his. He started to pick up his speed, and Kuina turned away. Trying not to make any unnecessary eye contact.

     Chishiya hurried to press in the same code, 8022, as Last Boss walked over to her. Of course he's suspicious... she's right outside of Aguni's room.

     I saw her press a button on her radio that sent an emergency sound to all radios, letting Chishiya know that someone was near.

     The door to the safe opened and I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god it wasn't the wrong code. Then again, I wouldn't imagine Chishiya getting it wrong.

He is a genius after all.

⋆ ❀ ——— ❤︎ ———❀ ⋆

     Hey guys! Besides tumblr I wanted to let you all know I'll probably be writing for ao3 soon! I HIGHLY suggest that no one under 18 interacts with the page tho- 🫣 Once I start the page I'll post an announcement about it and link it on my profile. Thanks for reading this chapter! See you guys tomorrow! -⋆❀ 𝒜𝓁𝒾𝓈𝑒 ❀⋆