─ 04. vicious women

─ 04. vicious women

***

ELENA’S POV

Weeks have passed since meeting Mister Jeon and his son.

These weeks have been the best weeks of my entire life.

I wake up, dress for work, and catch Mister Jeon on his morning run at eight in the morning, and tried not to get caught gawking at his body in his running shorts, and tank top - his tattoos on full display to my eyes.

I felt blessed whenever Dae would come out of the house and greet me with one of his tiny hugs and played with Max whenever I brought him for his daily walk.

Mister Jeon would always give me a kind smile and a wink of amusement as he pried Dae’s arms off my legs when I had to leave.

On a surprising note, even my brothers seemed to respect and like Mister Jeon. Of course, they didn’t know I had already seen him before they did and Sang took a liking to Dae.

But as great as things were going here, I had no idea why Sang, of all people, came to tell me to ask Mister Jeon if he wanted to join us for dinner.

“What?” I squeaked, face rapidly losing color. “Why me?”

Sang shrugged her shoulders, “You pass him every morning when you go to work, E.” She chuckled, comforting me, “He’s our new neighbor, Elena. It would be nice to get to know him and Dae.”

I looked at the clock and sighed, “Okay, I’ll invite him. What time do you want him to be here?” I asked hurriedly, knowing I would have to dress and fix my hair before I left for work.

Sang pursed her lips, “Six would be a good time, right?”

Hesitantly, I nodded.

Sang beamed and quickly hugged me, “Six it is, you’ll be able to get off in time, right?”

“I think so,” I hummed with a smile, walking towards my closet. “If it’s not busy, Marc won’t mind.”

“I’ll leave you to get dressed, thanks Elena!” Sang squealed happily, as she stalked out of my room, probably to tell Vic about the dinner.

When she left, I quickly took off my silk nightie and changed into the outfit I set out last night; bootlegged light washed jeans, a white tank top, my pink cardigan that tied at the top, and my white sneakers.