─ limitless; a moment of reflection

It's completely insane to grasp that Limitless is completed.

After five months – one hundred and sixty-three days – I managed to complete a book I'm most proud of.

It's hard to let go of, quite honestly, and I find myself thinking about this book constantly while trying to focus on my other works.

After Brett and Alianova, Limitless was the first book that I found hard to let go of. 

I thought of this book idea late one night – on July 20th, and it wouldn't leave my head. So on that day, I was immersed in jotting down little notes of what I wanted my story to be.

At first, I wasn't going to publish this – or even think about publishing or writing another story since I already have so many that I'm juggling – but the odd thing about me is that it doesn't bother me that I have so many books up, my inspiration strikes and stays for a couple of weeks at most so I write for that particular story until I'm burnt out – but what bothers me is that you, my beloved readers, like my other books and look forward to other updates – and I've already started a new book, motivation in full swing, pushing me further away from my other books you want new updates for.

I'm sorry about that.

But Limitless was different, at least to me it was.

I tried to get the idea and plot out of my head, so I started typing thinking, "Once the first couple hundred words are down, my inspo will fade."

I was wrong. Really, truly, wrong.

Four days later, the first ten chapters were completed.

The chapters were longer, more detailed, and had some of the best writing that I've ever managed to do.

The entire FIRST ACT was done, and I couldn't be more impressed with myself.

Usually, when I get another plot idea, I get wayyy too excited and just post it without even having the first chapter down, and for some odd fucking reason, I held myself back to make sure this was something I was completely passionate about.

So I went out on a limb and published the first ten chapters in one go. 

I didn't know if most of you would like it, and that's okay, I don't expect you all to like it, but I hoped some of you would love it as much as I did.

At first, Limitless didn't get as many reviews as I was hoping for – and even though it made me slightly insecure – publishing something that was unlike my usual style – so I took a small step back to think of more ideas for Act Two.

If you know me personally, you'll know that I'm not one to ask or beg for you to vote on my stories. Not that there's anything wrong with that ( and if you are a writer or author who does this, please don't think I'm judging you, I'm not. I swear ), but it's not something I do.