─ 40. my love for you is limitless

***

ELENA'S POV
6 PM

Dae could only save me so long.

Jungkook watched me intensely across the table as everyone finished eating, and I swallowed hard and avoided his gaze.

When Kayli and Corey had dropped me off an hour ago - Jungkook had hardly tore his stare from me, except when I was spending time with Dae away from him.

Oh crackers!

I was terrified at the thought of talking to him...and terrified of what he would say. I could feel bile rising in my throat at the thought of him confronting me about the kiss.

I could feel myself becoming lightheaded at the thought. What does he think of me now?

I couldn't hardly bring myself to look at him, and when I did; I quickly looked away when I saw him watching me - eyes dark with an unknown emotion I've never seen before.

Oh crackers, was he mad at me?

"M—Lena, can you tuck me in?" Dae asked, yawning cutely, I immediately smiled and nodded my head, "Of course I can, Dae-Dae." I kissed his little head and got up from the table and let him crawl into my arms.

While wearing my braces, I could hold Dae easier now. A bigger smile came over my lips as I held onto his tiny body - his little legs winding around my waist and his tiny arms winding my neck - I felt no pain at all.

I stiffened when Jungkook came close and pecked Dae's forehead, his raven colored hair brushing against my cheeks as he leaned down. I shivered when I caught a whiff of his light cologne.

"Good night, baby." Jungkook grinned, staring down at his son with complete and utter adoration. "I'll see you in the morning, okay?" Jungkook's smile widened when Dae yawned again and nodded.

"Night night, daddy." The six year old said, lips smacking together as he fought against sleep.

Ae Ri and Munjin said their good nights to the rest of us - and I left the kitchen with Dae in my arms. I climbed the stairs easily, and soon I was in Dae's room, tucking him into bed.

Turning on his nightlight once he crawled into bed, I placed Kookie and Tae-Tae in his arms and tucked his comforter over him.

Love filled every orifice of my body as I stared down at the little boy who loved me more than I deserved to be loved.

I sat down on the edge of his bed be placed my lips against his forehead. He stared up at me with sleepy eyes and a timid smile.

"Goodnight, Dae-Dae." I hummed, smiling gently. Dae smiled sleepily, "Night night."