─ 25. the truth, at last

***

THIRD POV
11 PM

Jungkook felt his entire body shaking in barely restrained anger, relief, and sadness.

Sadness because his son was expecting another sibling, when, in truth, it wasn't his sibling.
Sadness for believing Selene, a woman who had once been his friend, when she had told him the child was his, resulting in breaking not only Elena's heart, but his own as well.

Anger for believing Selene, angry had she had not only lied to him, but his entire family, and angry he broke the heart of the women he loved for nothing.

He was relieved, too. What would have happened if Taehyung wasn't around for the truth to be brought forward? He'd been tricked.

His relief was limitless.

Jungkook paced back and forth in front of his parents and Taehyung, jaw clenching almost too tightly when they heard Selene's car park in front of the house.

"Sit down, Jungkook." Ae Ri warned, "I understand you're angry, but don't do anything too rash."

He'd choke that bitch, if only he could.

Taehyung scoffed and slowly nodded along with Ae Ri.

"We'll get to the bottom of this, brother." He said, placing a hand on Jungkook's bare shoulder as he sat down beside him. Jungkook had been in such a rush to speak to his mother that he had forgotten to slip a t shirt over his body.

Everyone in the room grew silent as the doorknob rattled and Selene stepped through the doorway, wearing her usual fake smile.

It slowly dimmed and disappeared when she saw, not only Jungkook in the living room, but his parents and Taehyung as well.

"Selene," Taehyung greeted pleasantly, a satisfied smirk on his lips as he witnesses the pure fear on the women's face as she beheld him.

"Taehyung." She greeted stiffly, a hand coming down to cradle her bump. She slowly walked into the room, flinching and cowering under Jungkook's glare.

Everyone in the room can agree when they say there is no one, and I repeat no one more frightening as Jungkook when he finally lost his temper. It's a hard thing to do, making Jungkook blow his top, but when it did happen...there's only three things you could do.

Number One: Hide and take cover.

Number Two: Beg for forgiveness.

Number Three: Start planning your funeral, because when he's done with you, you would more than likely wish you were buried six feet underground...never mind, scratch that; better make it twenty feet underground.