─ 10. limitless

─ 10. limitless

***

ELENA’S POV

The weeks passed by, and I was the happiest I had ever been.

I hadn’t yet told my family about Mister Jeon and I – because there wasn’t much to tell. After that night, we took everything slow – as in the only thing we did was talk for hours, with me perched on his lap.

I wanted to learn about him before I introduced him to my family as something more than a friend.

We were getting to know each other, slowly, and I was enjoying every moment I spent with him and Dae.
I was going to his house almost daily, per his request, and spent time with him and Dae. And when I wasn’t at his house – and texted and spoke on the phone before bed.

Being with Dae and Mister Jeon almost made me forget about the entire thing about my parents. It was nearly a month since they sent that message to Mr. B and Vic, and we weren’t closer to finding a solution. It was inevitable that I would have to leave.

But I didn’t know what to say about Mister Jeon.

Could I tell him the truth?

“What are you think about, hmm?” Mister Jeon asked, hooking his finger underneath my chin and looking into my eyes, after putting Dae to bed.

I felt his thigh shift underneath my bottom and giggled, “Nothing…” I trailed off. Mister Jeon rose a brow and urged me to continue, “I…I’m just happy.” I admitted honestly.

Mister Jeon smiled widely, nuzzling his nose with mine, “So am I, sweetie.” He winked and tapped his cheek with a single tattooed finger.

Giggling and blushing, I pressed my lips to his cheek once he leant his head down for a kiss.

I pulled away with a bright smile and looked into his face. He smiled gently and reached out his face cupped my face.

“There’s that smile,” he whispered quietly, running his thumb over my lips. I melted into his chest and hugged his waist gently as his hand petting my hair over and over.

“I have to leave, Mister Jeon.” I pouted, after peeking down at his watch.

His arms tightened, “I know, sweetie.”

He wasn’t willing to let me go.

“I’ll text you tomorrow, okay?” I asked, pulling away slightly.