─ 24. mommy?

─ 24. mommy?

***

ELENA'S POV
TEN PM

"I missed you so much, 'Lena!" Dae cooed once he was settled within my arms. I couldn't help but let a smile bloom across my features. I pressed a kiss to his little chubby cheek and nuzzled his nose with mine.

"I missed you too, Dae-Dae." I said, feeling my mood take a drastic U-turn once the little boy was nearby.

Dae looked up at me with sparkling doe eyes – ones that reminded me of his father.

Pain raced across my chest as I thought about Mister Jeon. His smile, his voice, his comforting scent, his calm, and kind demeanor. I could see every single one of those things in Dae.

Sang and my brothers watched from a distance, their faces softening. Vic looked near to tears as I cuddled Dae against my body, holding him securely against me. It was difficult with the bulky casts on my hands – but I made do.

"How is he here?" I asked, placing my cheek on top of his silky hair, inhaling the comforting lavender scent of his baby shampoo. Sang stepped inside the living room, carrying my blankets and pillows.

Dae giggled happily, "Daddy let me come," He babbled, not noticing the way my body stiffened slightly.

Dae gasped loudly, "Oh! I got something for you, 'Lena!" He cried happily, toddling off my lap to his two little bags that were placed on the coffee table.

He cutely unzipped his one of his little backpacks and withdrew a large card – one that I knew he had made himself, but the adorable little drawings on the front. He held the card, and Kookie in his hands and clambered onto my lap once more.

Sang giggled at his excitement and carefully set the blankets and pillows on the huge couch Dae and I were sitting on.

I softly thanked her as Dae turned around and grinned widely.

"I made this for you, Lena." He pursed his little lips and stared up at me with big eyes when I took the card with my thumb and cast and looked carefully over each little drawing.

"It's so beautiful, Dae-Dae." I giggled with teary eyes over the thoughtful gesture. I held him in my arms and pressed kisses to his head as he squirmed happily. "I love it, thank you so much."

This little card meant the world to me.

I loved little Dae with all of my heart.

Dae squealed, "Do you really, 'Lena? Promise?"

"I promise." I swore, rubbing my cheek against his. "I'll keep it forever."

And I would. I had plans to frame it and set it on my nightstand. It was perfect.