─ 32. elena's 'great' escape

***

ELENA'S POV
9:15 AM

My heart pounded within my chest the second I escaped Mister Jeon's bedroom.

Oh crackers...I am so done for.

Escape was the only thing on my mind at this point.

Dae latched onto my body the second I entered the kitchen, causing me to momentarily forget the panic that was coursing through my body like fire. I smiled and let him climb on my lap after I had taken a seat beside Ae Ri.

Ae Ri smiled softly and pecked my forehead. "Did you sleep well, darling?"

"I did," I gave her a small smile before looking down at Dae. "Did you?" I asked, turning my gaze back to her. Ae Ri and Munjin smiled; before she replied.

"We did, darling. Here," She said, brushing her raven colored locks behind her

ears. Her ruby colored lips raised in a smile when she slid a plate of food in front of me.

The food looked absolutely delicious! Ae Ri had given me an array of different foods - pancakes, waffles, fruit, and meat. Munjin grinned and slid over a tall glass of juice.

My mouth watered.

It was entirely too much food, my plate had way more than the others.

Crackers, I couldn't eat all of this myself.

Especially with Mister Jeon here, I think I'd throw it all up anyway.

"Lena~" Dae cooed, cutely tugging at the neckline of the shirt I was wearing. "Can we watch my shows today?" He pouted, looking up at me with big eyes. I giggled slightly but stopped short when I heard the sounds of a door down the hall opening and closing.

I felt my stomach drop.

He was coming.

Oh crackers.

I tried to act as normally as I could...even when my doom was approaching. Calm, Elena, be calm. Focus on Dae.

"Maybe," I smiled, cuddling him closer to me - like some sort of shield.

I felt Mister Jeon silently entering the kitchen, and I felt myself become faint.

Oh god, I needed to get control over myself. Or I would end up making a total fool of myself.

Mister Jeon greeted us happily, looking as striking as always as he gracefully moved through the kitchen. This time, Mister Jeon was dressed in something I've never seen him in before. The man was dressed in dark jeans, black combat boots and a replica of the t-shirt I was wearing. It looked one thousand times better on him, than it does on me. The black shirt clung to his tiny waist and biceps. I guessed...if I studied him even closer, I would be able to see the indentations of his abs through the shirt.