─ 21. string her up

─ 21. string her up

***

 ELENA'S POV

My arms stiffened in Mister Jeon's grip.

He held onto my arms gently, yet firmly as I started to tremble.

Abort

Tingles licked up and down my limbs as I felt his touch on my bare arms, and I hid a shiver. He was close enough to me where I could smell his cologne and crackers he smelled so good.

My eyes were the size of saucers as I craned my neck up and looked into his eyes. His beautiful doe eyes were pained as they flicked back and forth from my face to my hands.

"What...what," he swallowed harshly, adam's apple bobbing up and down as he did so, "...Elena...Sweetie—"

No.

Tears pricked my eyes, and I hastily blinked them away.

"Excuse me," I jerked myself out of his hold and stumbled back unsteadily on my feet. He lunged forward, as if to catch me but stopped short – wincing as I flinched away from him.

I whirled around and nearly sprinted away from him.

It took every ounce of my willpower to not allow the tears that were building to escape my eyes.

I wouldn't allow it.

I couldn't seem weak, even though I was.

Kayli and Corey were waiting at the table, holding their breath as I approached - faces etched in panicked concern. 

"Can we leave? Please?" I asked vulnerably. I pressed my casted hands to my stomach as Kayli hopped up from her seat; Corey following soon after.

I felt my chest constrict as I felt the café.

Kayli and Corey followed after me in a rush – still concerned. 

Corey helped get me settled into the backseat, and buckled my seat belt for me before we were off. The entire car ride to the Sargent Jasper was silent, an uncomfortable silence.

"Elena – is everything—" Corey started to say and I gently shook my head and forced a smile.

"I'm okay, Cor." As well as I can be.

"Alright," he heaved a sigh, sending a concerned glance to Kayli as she turned off the SUV after parking. He jumped out and helped me out of the car.

"C'mere, Raven and the others have been wanting to see you."

***

Raven and Axel greeted me with smiles and hugs when I entered the apartment.