─ 36. late night conversations and confessions

─  36

─  36. late night conversations and confessions

***

ELENA'S POV
11 PM

My heart skipped a beat when a soft knock sounded out on the bedroom door.

I had just just settled into bed after showering. Once Dae was sound asleep in his little bed, I left him with a soft kiss on his head and silently left the room. I made sure to avoid the kitchen at all costs when I saw Ae Ri, Munjin, and Mister–Jungkook, in the kitchen.

I considered myself lucky that I had successfully avoided the man of the house.

Now, all I felt was the unaltered fear that rushed through my veins the second Jungkook's head peeked past the doorway. His eyes scanned my form, carefully tucked into the bed - preparing to sleep.

He ignored my squeak of protest and slid his body gracefully past the threshold and shut the door behind him.

Now caged in this room, without an escape - well the door and the window would be a ways of escape, but he would catch me the minute I tried to make a run for it.

You can't always run, Elena. That stupid snarky voice hissed, internally grinning at my misery.

"I need to speak with you." he spoke calmly - feeling the need to try and calm me. The soft tone of his voice only caused me to panic more, and I knew it was reflected on my face at that moment. I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth and thought of something to say. Anything to say in this moment to somehow save me from this situation.

Jungkook tucked his large tattooed hands in his pockets and leaned against the closed door.

"Umm, can this wait until morning?" I asked, voice crackling due to my nervousness.

"No, Sweetie." Jungkook shook his head, "It can't." he let out a shaky sigh through his lips and watched me, unflinching. I winced at the use of the old nickname and pursed my lips in hopes to contain the intense emotions rushing through my veins.

"What do you need to speak to me about?"

Jungkook let his head fall back against the door and let out a shuddering breath. "Everything; Selene, Dae, you...me..." he trailed off, unable to know where and when to start.

My blood ran cold at the mention of Selene. Would I finally find out where she was? It would take so much stress off me.

I hesitantly nodded, also wondering why he needed to speak about me. Just what was he going to say? What was I going to say?

I carefully inched away from his body when he took a seat at the end of the bed. His eyes flashed with hurt at my doings and guilt welled inside me. He let out a sigh and stretched out his long legs.

─ limitless ; jjkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara