─ 26. sleepover?

─ 26. sleepover?

***

ELENA'S POV
8 AM

Mommy.

Mommy.

Mommy.

I couldn't shut off my crackin' mind.

Dae's words couldn't stop ringing inside my head. It was impossible to forget them. Especially since I woke up from a nightmare about it.

Not that I didn't like Dae calling me that – In fact, I could only hope to be worthy of what he called me...but dreaming that Mister Jeon heard that and grew ferally angry about it, made me terrified.

What would he think of his son calling me his mother? Would he hate it and never let me see Dae again?

Fear filled up every pore as I imagined my life without Dae. I couldn't handle not being able to see him. I loved the little boy with my entire heart...I couldn't imagine my life without him. I didn't want to imagine my life without Dae...or Mister Jeon.

Crackers.

The living room was completely dark, save for the light coming from the kitchen. Vic and Mr. B had woken me up, thankfully during my nightmare, to tell me that they all had to leave.

Something about an emergency with some other dog team in New York. I wasn't up to date with all the academy stuff like the others were.

So now my family were all worried about leaving me to myself.

But I was pretty sure Aunt Erica was going to stay with me.

I hated that they worried so much about leaving me; especially with my fragile metal and physical state, but seeing Dae made me have hope again.

For the first time in a while, my fingers weren't hurting. Sure, they were slightly sore – but they felt stronger – like the bones had finally started making progress. Maybe with them hurting less, I may only have to wear a brace. Excitement welled within me; I couldn't wait.

Sang quietly entered the living room – lips perking up when she saw Dae cuddled on my lap, still knocked out.

I lifted my head and beamed at her, momentarily forgetting my worries. Sang staggered back in surprise, quickly hiding it when I rose an amused brow.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tone low as to not wake the little six-year-old.

Sang glanced down at the little boy, looking hesitant. I sighed quietly, knowing what she was going to say...or had an idea of it.