─ 18. whole

─ 18. whole

***

THIRD POV

Jungkook had not fallen back asleep after he had asked Selene to leave his room.

He could hardly step inside his room while dressing without feeling a tremendous amount of guilt.

Instead, he had distracted himself by going on his daily run and working out in his in-home gym to blow off some steam.

He took another shower – still feeling like Selene's touch was all over his body.

A sigh left Jungkook's lips as he watched his father carry Dae outside – and starting to walk up the road to the Blackbourne Residence.

At first, Jungkook was hesitant to accept Sang's offer (because of everything that happened between him and Elena) to watch over Dae one morning once the nanny he had hired quit suddenly.

But he was ecstatic to know his son loved going over there.
Even though he always shed a few tears when the small boy realized Elena wasn't there.

Jungkook slightly grinned as he heard his son's excited chatter as Minjun held onto his hand as they walked.

He took a slow sip of his coffee – a coffee that wasn't as good as Elena's – and peered out the window, going over today's plan.

He had a lot to do today; he had to drop by the office and check in on a couple things, grocery shop, and join Selene and his mother for the OBGYN appointment.

"Do you have feelings for her?" Ae Ri asked lowly, walking inside Jungkook's office.

Her face was devoid of any emotion as she tried to read her son's face.

Jungkook's face slacked in shock.

"What?" He struggled to ask, brows arching.

He had no clue as to what she was talking about.

Ae Ri arched her own brows and plopped down onto the sofa by the window.

"Selene." She stated obviously. "Do you have feelings for Selene?"

"Of course, I don't, Eomma." he said – as if it was second nature, pushing his reading glasses up his nose. "Why?"

What brought this on?

"Let's not pretend that you and Selene didn't wake your father and I up early this morning," Ae Ri said dryly, taking immense joy as Jungkook froze in his seat.

Fuck.

"Eomma – I..."

Ae Ri held up a hand, "You're an adult, Jungkook. I'm just asking if you're being careful." She said with a sigh.