─ 28. homeward bound

***

ELENA'S POV
THE NEXT MORNING
5 AM

This would have to be the worst night of sleep I've ever gotten.

Constantly being woken up by nightmares containing Mister Jeon and Selene and being worried about my appointment with Phil later didn't help.

My crackin' back hurt, too. From lying on this floor the entire night, but it would be better to sleep here than on that bed.

I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears after replying the dream in my head; when Mother held my head in her manicured grip and forced me to watched Mister Jeon and Selene...make love.

It was torturous.

I winced, remembering the hard lines, muscles, and contours of Mister Jeon's body. He was absolutely magnificent, and his toned, hardened, huge, muscular body was pure power and masculinity.

I flushed and forced myself to stop thinking of Mister Jeon's bare body. It was inappropriate and wrong.

Crackers...what would he think of me?

I shuddered and wiggled into my huge fluffy blanket to ward off the chill. It was always colder on the floor.

I also worried about the fact that Mister Jeon knew I was staying in his house.

I had to make sure I was out of this house before his plane even landed in South Carolina.

Ae Ri thinks he would be home sometime later this week.

Selene was also another problem.

I guess she was more then likely with Mister Jeon – he was a very caring man, and no doubt brought her with him to make sure nothing happened to her or the baby.

Thinking of the baby made my heart stop and constrict.

I was happy that Mister Jeon was going to have another baby...but what would happen afterward?

I know whenever the baby is born; Mister Jeon would be him more often...and would he even let me see Dae? Or would he let me see him more often since he had an infant to care for, along with Selene.

Then I thought of marriage.

Since maybe Selene sleeps in this room...maybe they're together. From what I saw those two separate days...it seemed logical. Maybe his feelings changed towards her, and he now loves her.

Loves her enough to marry her.

But...wouldn't they have to leave? I know Mister Jeon and Dae didn't plan to stay in Charleston forever.