─ 27. madly, obsessively, innocently, and captivatedly

27

27. madly, obsessively, innocently, and captivatedly

( y'all, this is probably my favorite chapter of all. This should really give you a really good look into Mister Jeon's mind and Elena's concerning their feelings for one another. So I hope you all love it as much as I do. )

***

THIRD POV
LOS ANGELAS, CALIFORNIA
9 PM

Jungkook loosed his tie and rolled up the sleeves of his crisp white shirt, already having thrown off his suit jacket. He sat down in his office chair and stared out of the floor to the ceiling window that surrounded his office and sighed.

God, what he wouldn't give to be home right now.

After endless hours of interviewing at least thirty of his employees and talking to his lawyer about getting a restraining order against Selene. He would be taking legal action against her if she tried to further cause any chaos to his family.

From all his years of knowing Selene Park; Jungkook knew he had to do anything and everything to prevent her from messing with him further. Now that it was all being dealt with, he could sleep easier.

Jungkook pulled his phone out of his pocket and smiled at Dae's smiling face on his lock screen. He knew his son had the time of his life spending the night at Elena house, but he would no doubt be very upset with having to leave. But he was relieved to know that Dae was being taken care of by his parents.

Jungkook worried for his sweet little Elena, being left alone, after Sang had told them they would be leaving due to an emergency in New York. Jungkook fought the urge to leave the building he owned, get onto the plane and go home to check on his love.

Jungkook shuffled around to ease the tightness in his shoulders.

His head fell back and rested against the padding of the chair as his thoughts took over him.

Now that everything was seemingly done and over with Selene...and the child wasn't his...what did it mean for him and Elena?

Nothing was holding him back from going to her and begging his baby love to take him back and accept his love.

Nothing.

Except...he worried that she wouldn't want him back. What if her feelings had changed? What if she didn't want him anymore? He'd hurt her, made tears of sadness well within her beautiful eyes...

Jungkook had hurt her enough.

His heart thudded and cracked within his chest.

Jungkook's vast palm came up and held onto the area above his heart.