Chapter 1.

'Let's meet at the royal palace hotel at six, I have a surprise for you.'

Neli dressed excitedly after she saw her husband's message, today is their second wedding anniversary and she didn't expect that her husband would prepare a surprise for her.

She wore a vintage maroon off shoulder A-line knee-length dress which her maid prepared for her special night, she also put on a little make-up and lipstick on her face and let her long shiny black hair down.

She looked at herself in the mirror after she got ready and was amazed at what she saw, her fair skin glowed even more because of the color of the dress that she was wearing and the make-up that her maid did for her was suited on her small face as well, she looked sexy yet elegant woman.

She hardly even recognized herself.

"You look so gorgeous madam." her maid said, she looks even more excited than her. "Please enjoy your night with the young master."

"Thank you."

Neli excitedly went to the hotel, the female receptionist immediately handed her the card key to the presidential suite where she and her husband will meet. After she found the presidential suite, she entered the room quietly, her chest pounded like crazy when she saw that the light on the small hallway of the room was switched off. She thought that was part of her husband's surprise, after she closed the door she took a deep breath to calm herself and went straight inside to see the whole room, but instead of seeing her husband, she was surprised to see Hazel there, she was wearing a white robe and was busy drying her hair.

"H-hazel? W-what are you doing here?"

She saw the surprise on Hazel's face when she turned at her.

"N-Neli?" she said in surprise.

Hazel is a famous and well-known actress in their country and she is also her husband's girlfriend even before they get married.

Is this why her husband messaged her, because he wanted to let her know what they were doing as a lover?

Is this Caleb's surprise for her?

"Uhm, Caleb... he's still... in the bathroom." Hazel added, just then she heard the dripping of water coming from the bathroom.

Neli feels the pain in her chest as she thinks about what might have happened between the two so before her tears started to flow, she immediately turned her back on Hazel and rushed out of the room.

She thought that the day had come when her husband would accept her as his wife, but she was wrong.

What else did she expect?

Her husband will never love her.

Neli and Caleb got married because of his grandmother, she arranged their marriage for some reason but he never showed any interest in her from the beginning.

Neli immediately returned to the country three years ago after she heard that her father was suddenly taken to the hospital. According to his secretary, he hardly eats and rests for a while to save his falling business.

When she arrived at the hospital, she saw her father lying on the bed while talking to an old woman. After her father introduced the old woman, her eyes widened in shock when she found out that she was from the richest family in their country. Neli immediately greeted her and to her surprise, the old woman suddenly offered a marriage proposal to her and promised to help his father's company. Out of concern for her father and to his business, Neli didn't hesitate to accept the old woman's offer because that's the only way she knows how to help her father.

The old woman immediately arranged a family gathering after her father was discharged from the hospital after two days. She suddenly felt reluctant, she didn't think of the consequences of her action and just immediately agreed to the old woman's offer.

But her worries immediately disappeared when the old woman introduced her grandson to her, it was Caleb Shawn Valdez and he is the man she's going to marry. She has known Caleb since they were young because they were schoolmates until high school. She still remembers when Caleb saved her, her classmate who's always bullying her suddenly pushed her into the pool, the pool was deep and she doesn't know how to swim either. She asked for help but her classmates just laughed at her until she completely sank into the water.

She was inside the infirmary room of their school when she woke up, the nurse told her what happened after the incident. She said that it was Caleb who saved her when she drowned, she also said that he reported the incident to the principal immediately after he brought her in the infirmary and her classmates who pushed her into the pool got expelled.

Since then, she had always followed him to thank him, but she never had the chance because people were always gathering around him. As she followed him, she realized how kind he was, students always gather around him and will offer help when students look like they need help. Her admiration for him deepens as she gets to know him more, but Caleb doesn't seem to remember her.

The two of them got married because of her grandmother's wishes. Their wedding was simple, only their families and close relatives were invited. On the night of their wedding, he talked to her and admitted that he's in a relationship for four years now and told her not to expect them to be a real couple because they were only married on paper.

But despite their situation, Neli still did her role as a wife because they both know that their grandmother wouldn't allow it if they decide to get divorced and both of them know that they don't want their grandmother to get worried and hurt because of them.

Neli's feet took her to a bar, she poured out all her pain by drinking. She knew she had no right to be hurt because Caleb already told her back then not to expect them to be a real couple, but is it wrong to hope that he might suddenly change now that they were married?

She's not used to drinking alcohol, but she doesn't know why her body seems to be getting along as she continues to drink. After more than an hour of drinking, she decided to go home before she got completely drunk.

After Neli got out of the taxi, she immediately noticed her husband's car. The corner of her lips raised at the thought that maybe the two lovers had finished what they had to do in the hotel.

When she entered the villa, she was surprised when an envelope suddenly hit her face. She saw Caleb's angry face while Hazel sobbing in her husband's arms.

"Let's get divorced!"

Neli got stunned when she heard what Caleb said, she also felt that the alcohol she drank immediately disappeared inside her body because of his words, she turned her gaze to her husband then to Hazel who is now looking at her with a smile on her face. She grabbed her forehead and laughed, she didn't want to fight back anymore.

I'm tired of them.

Neli already knew that she was the one to blame again for 'whatever happened' to Hazel in her story, even though she didn't do anything to her.

She took a deep breath to calm herself before picking up the envelope from the floor.

"Okay." she said indifferently. "I will sign it." then went straight to her room to pack all her important belongings.

She knew that her husband would not listen to any of her explanations, because he had never believed her.

She is tired of pretending that she's fine even though she's hurting, she is tired of chasing someone who doesn't care about her and she is tired of loving someone who never believed in her.

Neli has received Caleb's surprise for her and that is their divorce paper. Two years ago, she signed their marriage certificate and after two years, on the same exact date, she signed their divorce paper.

She just wants to live a peaceful life now, away from them.