Chapter 7.

Nelia went home to her father's house at noon when they returned to the city, she decided to stay there for three days so that she could be with him before they returned to New York. She still has to attend dinner with the owner of the brand she is endorsing and also has interviews in some local magazines to do in the country before she leaves.

Her father's new wife Camille greeted her happily, she said how sad her father was that he couldn't greet her when she arrived because he had to do something in his office. She let them rest first and said they should go out later to have dinner.

When Neli woke up around five in the afternoon, she decided to go downstairs to go to the kitchen to get water but she suddenly stopped when she heard a voice coming from the kitchen.

"You mean she's Caleb Shawn Valdez's ex-wife?"

"Yes and I heard that the reason she went to New York three years ago was because Mr. Caleb divorced her."

"Isn't Caleb and the famous actress Hazel in a relationship?"

"What I heard is that they got divorce because of Hazel, if I were Mr. Caleb, I would choose Hazel as well."

"True! I saw Ma'am Neli earlier, she looks different than the magazine photo."

Neli smiled bitterly when she heard their laughter because that scene was not new to her anymore, the maids in the villa used to laugh at her like that as well for two years and even worse. She couldn't blame them either because when she arrived at the mansion she was only wearing an oversize gray t-shirt and leggings, adding the fact that she hadn't slept much in the past two days and didn't put some make-up. Even Mel complains and gets angry with her every time she wears such 'grubby looks'.

"Of course, it's edited and has a filter."

She turned and planned to go back to her room, she will just ask Mel later to get her a water. But she had only taken two steps up the stairs when she suddenly heard Camille's angry voice coming to the kitchen.

"How dare you talk about your master in her own house!"

Neli immediately went down the stairs again to go into the kitchen, she saw two maids kneeling in front of Camille while begging.

"Madam, f-forgive us."

"Sorry Madam, it won't happen again."

Neli shook her head, why are there people who want to talk about other people's lives then beg like meek sheep when they are caught. Why don't they always choose to be kind, rather than laughing at other people's lives.

"Of course, it won't happen again. I will prepare your last paycheck and leave the house immediately."

"Please I need this job Madam, I have a daughter to support."

"I need my job for my mother, Madam please."

"She is my daughter and I am her mother now, and I don't want to hear that someone is insulting and rude to my daughter, especially in her own home. Pack your things and leave."

Neli immediately entered the kitchen, their eyes widened in shock when they saw that she was there. At that moment she was touched by how Camille protected her, she didn't know why she felt that her concern for her is like a real mother concern to her daughter.

Neli was fourteen years old when her mother died due to a car accident. A speeding car suddenly ran into their car causing her mother to die and protect her, since then she has never experienced a mother's love anymore, but his father did not fail to make her feel that she was not alone and show his love for her.

"We're sorry Ma'am Neli." the two maids apologized.

"It's fine." she forced herself to smile at them. "Because everything you said is true."

She saw the surprise and sadness in the maid's eyes as if they were guilty.

No, they are scared rather than guilty.

"I'm sorry Ma'am Neli, we only talked about that thing because we saw the news in the morning about Mr. Caleb and Hazel."

Her brow furrowed.

"What news?"

After she talked to the maids, she immediately opened her phone to check about the news. She doesn't like to look at the news and social media, but she can't stop herself from finding out if what the two maids told her is true and in the end the two couldn't change Camille's decision and still got fired.

Neli's whole body trembled when she saw the photo of Hazel and Caleb went viral while the two were going out of the hospital in the morning, it is also stated in the caption of the photo that Hazel might be pregnant so they went to the hospital early in the morning together. There was also talk in the comment section that Caleb is the father of her child.

Tears Immediately flowed down from her eyes, she felt a pain in her heart as if something suddenly squeezed it. That was probably the emergency he told her before he left their location yesterday, Hazel needed him so he immediately returned to the city.

Why does he have to tell her that they are not divorced yet when he will have a new family? Didn't he think about how she would feel when she found out what happened to him and Hazel?

She hits her chest with her hand to get rid of the pain in her heart while her tears continue to fall.

Is he really planning to play with her feelings?

Neli locked herself in her room the whole night, she didn't even open the door for her father when he came back to the house. She wanted to be alone, she wanted to calm herself but she couldn't. She just wants to finish all the things that she needs to do in the country immediately so she can go back to New York.

The next day, she saw her father in the living room with Camille and her two step-sisters, their faces looked anxious as they sat as if they were waiting for someone. She was about to approach them when someone suddenly hugged her from behind.

"Let's go back to New York Madam!" she heard Mel say, she turned to her and saw her in tears. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I should have stayed quiet and left when I met that man. I'm so sorry Madam, let's go back to New York please."

"What's wrong?" she said with a laugh as she pulled her body away from her embrace, she wiped Mel's cheek that was wet with tears. "What happened to you?"

"Madam Camille told us everything that happened to you yesterday." she answered. "We also saw the news, I'm so sorry Madam. I'm sorry."

She smiled while stroking Mel's hair when she hugged her again. She turned to Camille who was just sitting quietly, she also saw her father who immediately stood up then hurried to her.

"Are you okay now, honey?" he asked worriedly and pushed Mel slightly to remove her embrace. "Move, let me hug my princess as well."

She laughed a little at her father's joke and immediately accepted her father's hug and felt his soft pat on her back, she also saw her two step-sisters who came running to them to hug her as well and Camille stood by her side while patting her back.

"I'm sorry if I told them about what happened, we were just worried about you." Camille said.

She smiled at her.

"It's fine, thank you for the concern and I'm sorry if I worried you guys."

Neli realized that she is not alone anymore, she won't be hurt even if Caleb disappears from her life, because there are still people who will stay by her side.