Chapter 27.

Neli immediately took her phone from her bag when she heard someone's calling, she saw his husband's name registered to the caller so she immediately answered it.

"Hello?"

"I'm here, done with your meeting?"

"Yes, I'm on my way to the basement now."

"Okay, I'll wait for you here."

After the elevator opened to the basement where Caleb was waiting, a person suddenly approached her. She saw the person wearing a black jacket, sunglasses and a mask, her chest immediately pounding because of fear.

She was about to scream when the person in front of her spoke.

"Ma'am.. Ma'am, can I talk to you for a second." she heard a female voice say. "I'm Rhea, Ma'am."

Her fear was suddenly replaced by surprise when the woman removed the sunglasses and mask that she was wearing.

Where did I hear her name again?

"I'm Rhea Canlas Ma'am, please help my father!" she said.

She then realized who was the woman in front of her, she was the daughter of the man who hit her before.

"What do you mean help your father?" she wondered. "Don't you know what your father did to me?"

"NELI?!"

She immediately turned to where Caleb's voice was, she saw him running towards them.

"Ma'am, my father will die if you will not help him, please!" the woman suddenly knelt desperately in front of her while crying. "My father didn't want to do that thing to you."

Caleb immediately hugged her to protect her, but she just smiled at him and immediately left his embrace and approached the woman.

"Neli, it's dangerous!"

"No Sir, I will not harm anyone, please just listen to me." the woman is still begging. "Please, save my father."

She made the woman stand up from her kneeling in front of her.

"Let's go to the car, it's not good if someone will see us here." she said to the woman as she pulled her to Caleb's car.

"Ma'am, please help my father, he didn't want to do that to you." the woman explained when they got into the car. "Someone just threatens him to do that."

"What do you mean?" Caleb wondered.

"Sir, my cousin is the one behind everything that happened..." she said. "...and now she wants to kill my father because he didn't managed to kill Ma'am Neli."

"Cousin?" she asked.

"Who's that cousin?" Caleb asked.

"It's Sister Hazel." she answered. "She kidnapped me and threatened my father, she said to him that if he didn't kill Ma'am Neli or if he tried to report to the police, Sister Hazel would kill me and he only have me. My father told me everything when I visited him in jail, he couldn't do anything but to follow what Sister Hazel ordered him to do because she holds my life." she explains. "My father knows that he has committed a crime and he is willing to go to jail because of what he did, but what he cannot accept is that, that bitch is happy and free outside while he is suffering in jail."

"Grandma was right!" she exclaimed.

"Ma'am, please help my father. We accepted that you will not forgive us, but please let him pay for his crime quietly." she begged her while crying. "My father is not like my Uncle, he only did that because his worried about me and now everyone including the police officers in the precinct is beating him because of my cousin's orders, he cannot even walk properly now."