Chapter 39.

The reporters surrounded her immediately after she got off the stage, they all wanted to hold an interview about what she announced.

"Recently, the Valdez family just announced that Mr. Caleb was married and now you are saying that they are going to divorced?"

"Did Mr. Caleb know that you are pregnant?"

"What did the head of the Valdez family say regarding your pregnany?"

"Does that mean your child will be the new heirs of the Valdez family?"

"Of course." she answered. "Our child is the oldest great-grandchild of the Valdez family."

"How about the wife of Mr. Caleb, did she agree to get divorced now that you are pregnant?"

"They're like a divorce couple." she smirked. "She signed the divorced paper that Caleb threw at her three years ago."

"But why are they still together tonight at Old master Valdez's celebration?"

"Did the family know that you're already pregnant?"

"How about--."

"Sorry, I have to go." she was starting to get annoyed because of their questions.

The reporters didn't have any other questions if not about the Valdez family, she was expecting them to ask when their wedding was or what happened to them on the night of Mrs. Carmen's birthday.

"One last question Ms. Hazel."

"Ms. Hazel, please answer the question."

"Sorry, I still need to go to the hospital."

She dismissed the reporters who were surrounding her and hurried out to the mansion hall, fortunately they did not follow her. Perhaps they were already busy informing their respective networks about her announcement.

She smirked and walked straight to the mansion door to go outside, her plan is still a success even though Caleb was the one who got shot and not Neli, it just means that no one else will know what really happened to them on the night of Mrs. Carmen's party.

No, my soon to be my mother-in-law.

She laughed at what she thought, now her dreams are slowly coming true. Now that she has announced her pregnancy in front of reporters and the old woman she hates is about to disappear, the next step is her marriage with Caleb and become a full-fledged wife of the Valdez family heiress. She can now finally call Mrs. Carmen, mother-in-law and she can finally live a luxurious life like them even without doing anything.

She suddenly stopped walking towards Christian's car when two men suddenly blocked her path, she immediately frowned. The two men's faces are not covered, but she didn't like the premonition she felt because of the two.

"Do you want something from me?" she asked the two bravely, but they didn't answer.

She was about to walk again when she noticed their sudden approach to her, causing her chest to heave in fear. One man immediately covered her mouth even before she could scream for help, she also felt something hit her nape causing her to lose consciousness.

-----

An abandoned room appeared to Hazel when she regained consciousness, she immediately felt her hands and feet tied to her seat, her mouth was also taped so she couldn't scream for help. She did not know where she was so she immediately felt scared because she knew that she would not be safe in that place, she tried to untie her hands and feet but she immediately felt pain because of the tight binding on her so she didn't try to break free again.