Chapter 51.

After Caleb dropped his wife in her shop, he headed to his office, his assistant Robin immediately greeted him.

"How's your investigation?"

"Senator Sanches got all his wife's assets when she passed away five years ago, she owns several luxurious clothing brands in the city and they have one daughter named Sanya Sanches. After his wife died, he married his long time mistress Tanya Sandoval and according to her records, Mrs. Tanya grew up in Switzerland and went back to the country eight years ago, Senator met her at a gathering and become his mistress since then, and... we didn't find any information about Sanya Sanches. But when we talked to the Senator's deceased wife's cousin, he mentioned that what they know is that their daughter passed away thirteen years ago when she was sixteen years old because of leukemia."

"Then who's that woman named Sanya now?"

"We are not sure yet, Mr. President. In our investigation, it appears that she was only seen by the maids at the Senator's mansion just a month ago. The Senator told them that because his daughter's body was weak due to her illness, he brought her to America twelve years ago to get treatment, he also said to the maids that they have a relative who is a doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in America who treated and cured Ms. Sanya."

"And they believed that shit?"

"I think the Senator didn't mention that her daughter's illness is leukemia, Mr. President." Robin replied. "Anyway, they suspect that she was Mrs. Tanya's daughter and she were just named after the Senator's late daughter."

Caleb's slightly confused by what is happening, he doesn't want to think bad because they didn't have any encounter or conflict with each other. He doesn't even know his daughter, but why does his daughter Sanya react like that when it comes to him and if she is the daughter of his new wife Tanya, why does she have to use the name of the Senator's deceased daughter?

He told his assistant to continue his investigation, the information that he gather is not enough to put his mind at ease. There is something strange about the behavior of the woman named Sanya that he doesn't understand and he doesn't like, he also notices that she always gave his wife a sharp glance every time he drops her off and picks her up as if his wife had done something bad to her.

"Investigate Senator Sanches new wife as well, I want to know all the information--."

He suddenly stop his words when he received a call, it was from his wife so he immediately answered it.

"Hello--."

"I miss you." his wife who was on the other line said to him after he answered her call.

He couldn't stop smiling when he heard her yawn, he also noticed in her voice that she was sleepy.

He immediately signaled his assistant that he was leaving to pick up his wife to her location, he just nodded and bowed in response.

"I miss you too, Honey." he replied smiling as he walked out of his office. "Are you sleepy?"

"Uhmm, I want... to see you." she sounded like she couldn't handle the sleepiness anymore based on the tone of her voice. "But... I know you're busy, that's why I just called."

He chuckled when he heard her yawn again.

"Do you want something to eat?"

He immediately went to his car when he arrived at the underground parking lot, fortunately his grandmother's mall was close to his company.

"Uhmm... nope, I just... want... to see u."

He couldn't stop smiling and feel happy at his wife's words.