Chapter 5.

Neli scratched her head at what was happening.

First, her ex-husband suddenly appeared on their location, second, he even became her leading male man on her commercial. Why should the production decide to put a male lead if she is going to do a commercial and not a drama series.

"What is he doing here?" she feels annoyed.

"Dunno."

She looked at Caleb as he read the script given by their director. Since nothing has changed in her scene except that there was a male lead, she doesn't need to read the new script but Caleb needs to read it so that he knows what he should do in their scene.

Neli suddenly turned to Mel when she heard her laugh, she wondered why she looked so happy today. She felt that she knew something about what was going on, but she immediately ignored what she thought. She knew that since Mel came with her, she had cut off all the ties she had with the people in the country.

Neli's body went cold when she heard the director calling her to start their shoot.

Their first scene is walking on the shore of the beach while holding each other's hands and showing how the female lead captivates the heart of the male lead.

"Ready?!" the director shouted. "ACTION!"

Neli was surprised to see Caleb extend his hand in front of her.

"We need to hold hands."

Although she hesitated, she did nothing but accept his hand to show her professionalism.

All the things that happened back then suddenly came back to her, how he ignored her during the two years of their marriage, how he didn't believe her no matter how many times she explained and how he made her feel that he could never love her.

Neli suddenly felt a pain in her chest, the wound in her heart that she thought had completely healed, returned.

"I'm sorry, Neli." she heard Caleb say causing her to stop walking. "I'm sorry for everything."

She thought that she will be happy if she hear Caleb apologize to her, but instead it was like a sharp knife stabbed her heart, as if he was apologizing to her because even though he knew what was happening to her back then, he couldn't do anything or perhaps he choose not to do anything for her.

But she immediately realized that Caleb didn't do anything wrong, he didn't hide his relationship with Hazel from the beginning and he also informed her right away that he couldn't love her. She was the one who insisted on entering his life all of a sudden and used to think that if she did everything for him he would be able to love her too, even though she knew it from the start that he already loved someone else.

She tucked the strands of her hair to her ear when her hair was suddenly blown by the wind, she breathed deeply and enjoyed the breeze of the fresh sea and felt the warmth coming from the sun. She felt relaxed after Caleb apologized to her, even though he doesn't need to.

She realized part of what happened to her was her fault too, she knew that he was already in love with someone else but she still forced him to love her. She knew that there was no love between them when they got married and they needed his family to help and save her father's failing company, so she couldn't blame Caleb alone for what happened to her.

She turned her head to look at him and showed her biggest smile.

"It's not your fault." she said. "So, you don't have to apologize."

She started walking away from him while playing happily with the white sand on her feet. Somehow Neli didn't feel so bad anymore, she doesn't know what happened to Caleb from the past three years but she's happy that they got a chance to talk to each other.

-----

Caleb extended his hand in front of his wife.

"We need to hold hands." he said.

Caleb swallowed his saliva when she didn't accept his hand right away, a few seconds passed before he saw the hesitation on Neli's eyes when she took his hand. Neli's hand was small and soft, he suddenly remembered the incident earlier where he hugged her as she fell on him. What he felt when their bodies touched was new to him, it seemed that something was digging inside his stomach and his heart kept on pounding loudly.

In their two years of marriage he didn't even hold Neli's hand nor kiss her on their wedding day, she looks stunningly beautiful on that day yet looks so fragile that he got a bit scared that she might break and disappear if he held her.

The night when Neli's maid handed the divorce paper with her signature, the maid gave her resignation as well. Caleb immediately regretted the things he did to his wife after the maid told him about what happened that day.

"Madam didn't do what Ms. Hazel said." the maid confessed. "She went to that hotel because you said in your message that you two would meet there, she was also excited because you said you had a surprise for her. But she found out that you and Ms. Hazel were together inside the room and leaves the hotel after that, you can investigate to find out if I'm telling the truth."

Caleb was confused about what the maid said because that's not what Hazel told him, so he finally decided to find out the truth and did his own investigation.

A cctv footage was given to him by the hotel owner, according to him the security on duty that day might have deleted the cctv footage inside the presidential suite, so he just gave the copy of other cctv footage in the hotel. He watched the footage and discovered that Hazel went to the hotel together with a man and he is the same man who said that Neli paid him to rape her. They both entered the presidential suite, a few minutes later, Neli came inside but she immediately left the room while crying.

He felt so stupid that he didn't even give Neli a chance to explain that night and just threw a divorce paper at her face.

"I'm sorry, Neli." he said sincerely. "I'm sorry for everything."

Neli stopped walking, she just stood with her back facing him.

He was stunned when he saw her turn to look at the clear blue sea, he was fascinated by his gorgeous wife who was standing in front of him. She looked like a goddess who came down to the earth as the wind blew her long black hair, and the sunlight hit her smooth and fair skin as if she was glowing.

He was amazed at how much his wife had changed in just three years, she looked stunning and free unlike before that she couldn't even raise her head whenever she was facing him.

His heart immediately pounded when he saw his wife's sweet smile when she looked back at him. He suddenly wanted to embrace her in his arms to hide her so no one else could see her smile, but it feels like Neli cast a spell on him, because he couldn't move his body as if she wouldn't allow him to come closer to her.

"It's not your fault." she said. "So you don't have to apologize."

She immediately turned around and walked away from him.

He was confused as to what his wife meant, how did she say it was not his fault when he was the one who didn't believe in her before and her life became miserable because of him.

Caleb wanted to follow his wife to ask what she meant when he suddenly heard someone's shout.

"CUT!! GOOD TAKE!"