Chapter 52.

When he noticed that his wife was sleeping on the sofa, he immediately called Senator Sanches to tell him about his plan. He went near the glass wall on the corner of his office away from his wife so that he would not disturb his wife's sleep.

"Hello?"

"Can I speak to Senator Sanchez?"

"Yes, speaking." replied the person on the other line. "May I know who's this and where did you get my personal number?"

"I'm Caleb Shawn Valdez." he introduced himself.

"P-president Valdez, how... do you need something from me?"

"Yes, I want you to cancel your daughter's business partnership with my wife's coffee shop." he said. "And I don't want to see your daughter in my wife's shop starting tomorrow."

"P-president Valdez, what do you mean?" he seemed restless. "I know that you can easily cancel our contract but I hope you give us a reason why you want me to cancel our business partnership with your wife."

"I will send one of my men to your office and don't you dare tell my wife that I called you, just sign the cancellation--."

"President, please. Can we at least meet you so we can understand each other, I mean lets sit this matter and have a proper talk."

"Senator, is this not a proper talk to you?" he said annoyed.

"But--."

"My wife was upset because of your daughter, that's the reason why I want you to cancel your contract. My wife is pregnant and I don't want to see her upset."

"But can we at least meet and eat lunch together."

"No--."

"Sure."

"Uwahhh!"

He suddenly dropped his phone in shock when he heard his wife's voice next to him.

"H-honey, how long have you been there?" he asked in surprise.

"Uhmm when you told the Senator to cancel our contract, tell him that I wanted to meet him as well."

He didn't know why his chest was pounding so loud at that moment, maybe because he was caught in the act by his wife.

"President... President Valdez, are you still there?"

He looked at his phone that fell on the floor, his phone was loud enough even though it wasn't on the loudspeaker. He wanted to step on it but when he noticed that his wife was about to bend down to pick it up, he immediately stopped her and picked up his phone.

"Okay let's do that, I'll send you the details later." he said and turned off the call immediately.

He immediately carried his wife because he noticed earlier that she was not wearing slippers, he was walking back to the sofa when he heard his wife laugh loudly.

"Your heart is beating too loud." she said while laughing. "Are you scared because I caught you?"

He nodded and smiled hesitantly.

"I'm planning not to let you know about what I was going to do, but you still caught me. Are you mad at me because of what I did?"

She shook her head before she buried her face on his neck.

"I'm glad that you did that, hehehe."

He slowly put down his wife to sit on the sofa, but he suddenly stopped when she didn't remove her hug from his neck. He slightly moved his face away from her to look at his wife's but a kiss suddenly greeted him when he turned to her, she kissed him deeply as if she hadn't tasted his lips in a long time. She even put her tongue inside his mouth as if she was looking for his tongue, his tongue and lips immediately moved to suck it.