Chapter 45.

Hazel tried to calm herself, but she failed. She could feel her whole body trembling, she also couldn't think properly because of the fear she felt at that moment.

She couldn't believe that Paula would betray her.

She saw the policeman take out handcuffs which made her pale, she immediately stepped back in fear when she saw the policeman was about to approach her.

"You have the right to remain silent and look for your lawyer." the policeman said.

Is this the end of her, will she lose everything she worked hard for? But she still hasn't gotten everything she wants and she hasn't gotten Caleb yet.

It's not over yet.

She won't let it all end there, she still have Caleb's child. Right, she's pregnant with Caleb's child so they can't do anything to harm her.

"No, w-wait... you can't put me in jail because I'm pregnant with the future heir of the Valdez family." she said nervously then went to the table and took a microphone from there. "S-see what this woman can do, she's using the Valdez family's influence to manipulate the police. They even accused me of things I didn't do, now tell me if this woman doesn't hate me. She can do everything, she even wants to ruin my reputation because she was jealous that I am pregnant with Caleb."

She can easily turn the table around if she wants to, but her heart stopped beating slightly when she saw that the reporters and her fans didn't seem to believe her anymore.

"Stop lying Hazel." she heard Neli.

She felt annoyed when she saw her face was calmed like everything was happening according to her plan.

"How dare you say I'm lying, I never lie to anyone--."

"Hazel are you crazy, you are pregnant!"

She stiffened as if cold water had been poured on her when she suddenly heard Christian's angry voice somewhere.

"Relax Christian, I'm not pregnant."

She got goosebumps when she heard her own voice, her eyes widened when she realized that was when she and Christian talking at the bar. But why do they have a recording of the conversation between the two of them, did he also betray her like her assistant?

"STOP, STOP IT!!" she was enraged. "I NEVER SAID THAT!"

"You lied, why did you announce that you were pregnant when you were not?"

No matter how hard she asked to make it stop, the recording kept playing.

"No one knows what really happened that night except for the two of us, Caleb didn't know anything because he was unconscious and was drugged. Now that I had announced that I'm pregnant, Mrs. Carmen can't do anything but to welcome me to their family."

"MAKE IT STOP! STOP IT!"

She furiously kicked the speakers that were on the stage, but her voice could still be heard throughout the hall.

"I don't know, perhaps she had an idea that I am the one who planned the assassination of that old woman and her that's why she did that, that's why I have to kill her before she could even say something to Caleb."

"I SAID MAKE IT--."

Hazel stopped raging when she suddenly felt something hard hit her forehead and saw a bottle of mineral water fall onto the floor, but not even one of her bodyguards came to help nor protect her.

"YOU ARE FUCKING BITCH!"

"A MURDERER!"

"YOU DESERVE TO GO IN JAIL!"