Chapter 10.

"Are you ready guys?" she asked her two step-sisters.

"We're born ready!" Cha shouts while waving her both hands.

"But Dad looks nervous." she heard Rhence say while laughing.

"Of course, it is my first time walking on the red carpet." her father said nervously. "I never attended an event with a red carpet before."

She was surprised to know that her family was also invited, because her father also received an invitation from the man who gave her the invitation from the 'Belle Femme' dinner party yesterday. Fortunately, they choose a dress as well so they have a dress prepared for the party.

They made her get out of the car first so that she could be photographed by the media who were waiting outside the hotel where the dinner party was being held.

She's wearing an elegant creme beige sequin off shoulder bodycon with small sleeves sparkle embroidery dress, she was even surprised that the dress she was wearing matched the lipstick she was endorsing. The dress makes her radiant styling with high heels that the staff in the boutique choose for her, she even puts accessories creating a sexy yet elegant appearance.

Everyone looked at her as they walked inside the banquet hall towards their table when she suddenly heard a noise.

"She's so pretty?"

"Omg, she's so sexy in her dress."

"So stunning."

Neli turned to where the noise was coming from and saw Hazel entering the banquet hall. Her eyes suddenly widened when she saw what she was wearing, it was the red velvet dress that she had chosen at the boutique shop.

"That bitch!"

"What the...?!"

"OMG!"

She heard Mel and her two step-sisters said in shock.

"Isn't that the dress you picked at the boutique shop, Neli?" Camille asked her.

She just nodded.

"What?" her father asked. "What's with the dress?"

"Neli chose the dress that Hazel was wearing now when we went to a boutique shop, but the manager there said that their new staff accidentally sold Neli's dress to someone else." Camille explained. "So, Hazel bought it."

"That woman is really jealous of Madam!" she heard Mel say angrily. "Does she really have to steal everything, including the Madam dress?!"

Neli realizes that the new staff didn't accidentally sell the dress because she was sure that Hazel really planned to take the dress she had chosen. But she didn't feel regretful about the dress, because she was happy with the dress she was wearing that was chosen by her two step-sisters. She just felt annoyed because until now, she still hasn't stopped messing up her life.

Her eyebrow suddenly raised when Hazel and her eyes met, she smiled at her meaningfully as if she was saying that 'the dress suits me better, right?' but she just ignored her and made herself busy trying to calm down a furious Mel.

Only a few minutes passed and the program started while the food was served to them. She met various personalities in the country such as rich businessmen, famous artists and politicians.

Before introducing the host of tonight's dinner party, the big screen on the side of the stage suddenly lit up, her eyes widened in shock when she saw herself there.

They suddenly aired her commercial on the big screen to start the program.

The first scene is when they're happily playing in the water while Caleb is chasing her, they didn't show his face on the screen because that is what she requested because she doesn't want her commercial to boost and get hype because of him.

She smiled bitterly when she saw on the big screen the happiness on her face when Caleb caught and hugged her, which she hadn't seen for a long time. She looks like a woman in love.

'Show your true feelings...'

She was stunned in the next scene when she saw the expression on her face while she was looking at the vast sea, the scene was like a painting. The sadness in her eyes is visible as if she's waiting for the person she loves, but it was immediately replaced by a sweet smile and happiness in her eyes when she turned and saw the man she was waiting for.

'... and let the love follow you.'

She was even surprised when she saw her sweetest smile on the big screen when she looked at Caleb, it makes her feel like she was a different person in the commercial because she never saw herself smile like that before.

The last part of the scene is when they both walk on the shore while holding each other's hand.

'Bring out your new style of love, from Belle Femme dreamy pink lipstick.'

She heard the applause of the people inside the banquet hall, she still didn't know how she would feel at those moments because of the amazement. She was surprised when the emcee suddenly asked her to come up on stage and introduced her as the new Belle Femme ambassador in the country. She made a speech to thank the owner of the brand for the opportunity they gave to her and for the director and crew she worked with, she even thanked her family who was there and supported her.

The emcee said that the dinner party was to welcome her and to congratulate her for being the new brand ambassador, he told her not to come down yet so she could meet the host of the party, to which she immediately nodded.

"So now let's call the host of tonight's dinner party, let's all welcome the most powerful..."

Neli's whole body went cold when she heard what the emcee said, she also felt a quick burst of heat in her face and ears because of nervousness. She immediately had an idea of who the emcee was referring to.

"...and influential family in our country! Let's give a round of applause to the Valdez family."

Neli wanted to jump down from the stage to hide, but her feet seemed to be stuck there. At that time, she could hear her heart beat louder than the applause of the people inside the banquet hall. She had no idea that her former in-laws were the owner of the Belle Femme in the country, because there was no mention of the name of any family member in the contract she had signed before... or there is but she just didn't check properly because of her excitement.

"NELI!" a loud voice made her turn as she heard someone call her name.

Her nervousness immediately turned to worry when she saw Grandma Rencia sitting in a wheelchair, she immediately ran towards her and sat in front of her.

"What happened to you Grandma?" she asked worriedly as she grabbed both of her hands. "Are you all right?"

Grandma was still strong and full of energy the last time she saw her two years ago, she felt sad when she suddenly saw her as if she was weak while sitting in the wheelchair.

"I'm fine now, Neli." she smiled then touched her cheek. "And you look so gorgeous tonight, as always."

Neli breathed a sigh of relief when she said she was okay now.

When she was still living in the villa three years ago, she was calling her most of the time to ask how she was doing, she also visited her twice a week in the villa to eat with her. She used to be happy every time she visited her because the maids there were not be able to torture and bully her, they also followed her orders while Grandma was there.

Grandma was the only person she knew who stood by her side during those times when no one believed her.