Chapter 24.

Neli felt her whole face heat up as she put down her phone, her husband's voice on the other line sounded so sweet that it immediately softened her heart. She suddenly remembered their scene earlier in his room.

After she admired his husband's body, Neli slowly lowered her gaze to the middle of her husband's legs but she was a bit disappointed when she saw him wearing a boxer.

"EHHH?"

"What!?" she looks at he's worried face. "Neli, I promised that I didn't do anything to that woman."

Perhaps he was thinking that she might be disappointed because she suddenly slapped him earlier. But it was just her reflex, she would accidentally hit someone if she was so nervous and suddenly startled her. But in Caleb's case, she was nervous and embarrassed yet felt excited at the same time that's why she suddenly slapped him when she got surprised.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry." she said laughing while caressing his cheek.

Caleb held her hand that was caressing his cheek and closed his eyes, he seemed to be enjoying the warmth coming from her palm.

"Are you mad that's why you slap me?" he asked her.

"No! I'm not mad, i'm just disapp--." Neli immediately covered her mouth because of what she said. "I mean..."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." Caleb said. " But please believe me, I didn't do anything."

"No... you didn't... ah! Forget what I said."

She immediately hit him on the arm because she was so embarrassed, but she immediately apologized to him thinking that he might have hurt because of what she did.

"It's just my reflex." she explained.

He noticed that her face suddenly became serious when he faced her.

"My wife, please believe me." he said, she didn't say anything and just let him speak. "I immediately came back to my senses after a few minutes when I felt the cold water on my body, I promise that I will never do things that will hurt you again."

"But why were you both lying in bed when we saw you?"

He explained the whole incident since she left him in his room, after he explained everything she suddenly thought of a plan, but Caleb didn't agree at first, he said he doesn't want to give hope to that woman, but after she explained her plan he didn't do anything but to agree to what she wanted.

-----

After Neli returned to Valdez's mansion, she immediately saw Caleb waiting outside, he approached her to hug and kiss her forehead.

"I'm sorry that you have to leave earlier." he apologized to her.

"It's fine." she replied with a smile. "I also need to check Mel."

After they talked earlier in his room, she said that she will leave the mansion so Hazel will not get suspicious. They want to let Hazel think that her plan succeeded and that Caleb and her fought with each other so she will be satisfied for a while as they gather their evidence against her.

"How is she?" he asked her.

"She is fine now, but we decide to let her stay in the hospital tonight to take a rest." she said.

"Is it okay that you left her alone at the hospital?" Caleb asked worriedly. "Should we go there and stay with her?"

"She's with Mrs. Trent." she said referring to the housekeeper in the Valdez family. "She even scolded me for leaving you."