Chapter 38.

Hazel was busy for the whole week because she had to finish their shooting for her movie, she also had a hard time on their set because it was obvious to the director and the other crew that they no longer wanted to work with her.

Even until now she couldn't find a new manager and according to her assistant, the movie and tv series projects that were offered to her have been all canceled. Even her other endorsements have also said that they will no longer sign her contract renewal as an endorser of their brands.

"Ma'am, the old woman didn't leave the mansion and Mr. Caleb went to the mansion to pick up his wife tonight as well." one of her men told her when she answered his call.

It's been five days since she ordered her men and her father to kill that Old woman and Neli, but until now they still haven't finished what she ordered. Her patience was running out because of them.

"Then do something!" she said angrily. "If they don't come out, sneak inside! Do everything to get inside the mansion so you can kill them both."

"You know the security at the Valdez mansion was so tight, we couldn't even get close to their premises."

"I don't care, it's your job to finish what I order." after saying that she ended the call.

She immediately drank the whiskey in her glass out of annoyance. She was at the bar at that moment to have fun and forget her problems for a while, but she couldn't help but wonder what was happening.
She knows the old woman likes to go out and hangout with her friends, she often goes to malls and different restaurants but these past few days, she hasn't come out of their mansion?

Did they know my plan?

But who would have the courage to confess to the Valdez family about her plan? She holds all the families of her men, and she tells them that the moment she finds out that they betrayed her, she will kill their families together with them. Her father also entered her mind, but she knew that he would not betray her because all his crimes would come out when he sided with the Valdez family.

"Hi babe." she suddenly heard Christian greet her, he sat next to her then kissed her on her cheek. "We haven't seen each other in a while."

"I had to finish shooting my last movie so I couldn't come here often, how's everything?"

"Good." he said and showed her a small blue envelope. "Look what I got."

"What is that?"

"Check."

Hazel frowned when she accepted the envelope, she saw that it was an invitation from the Valdez family. She immediately opened the envelope and read it, they would have a celebration at the mansion for the retirement of the old woman's husband two days from now.

She was surprised to learn that Caleb's grandfather was still alive, because during her fourteen years of knowing the Valdez family, she had never seen him.

"So the old woman's husband is still alive?" she asked.

Now her question has been answered, maybe the reason they are not coming out is because they are preparing for the retirement celebration of the old woman's husband.

"Yeah." Christian answered while pouring whiskey into his glass. "I was surprised to receive it in our old house, perhaps the old woman has no idea that my old man moved."

"Do you have plans to go?"

"Of course." he answered while drinking the whiskey. "I never saw that old man so I'm curious about him and I got an invitation, so I must go."

"You need a companion?"

"You will come with me?"

"Of course, Babe." she answered. "Party is boring if you don't have a pretty lady beside you."