Chapter 43.

"What are you doing here?" Christian asked Rhence as they sat in front of the bartender counter. "You are not supposed to be here."

"I know, but I have to."

"Good evening beautiful lady... ehh?"

He saw the surprise in Ronnie's eyes as he approached them, he immediately warned him to pretend that he didn't know him, or at least pretend that he was just a regular customer. If he was with someone else he wouldn't hesitate to let them know that he was the owner of such a bar, but there was something strange stopping him that he shouldn't let this young woman know who he was at that bar.

"Boss, give us one whiskey and one orange, ah no, one apple juice."

"Apple juice?!" she exclaimed with frowned.

"Why, do you expect milk in the bar?"

He saw the blush on her face and looked like she was sulking. He couldn't stop himself from smiling because of her reaction, he also noticed that she seemed to be whispering as if she were casting a spell while pouting.

"So, what are you doing here? It's late, aren't your parents looking for you?"

"They allow me to go home late today."

"But it doesn't mean they allowed you to drink and go to the bar."

"I didn't drink--." he saw her stunned because of what she said.

He chuckled.

"I mean... ehem, I came here because I wanted to talk to the owner of this bar."

He raised his eyebrow, why does he need to talk to him when he doesn't know what he did to her.

"What are you going to tell him?" he wonder.

"Do you know the owner of this bar?"

"I know him."

"Okay, let me meet him then."

"Hmm, let's just make a deal." he said to her. "We don't know when we'll see the owner here at the bar, but you can tell me what you're going to tell him so you don't have to come here. It's not good for you to enter these kinds of place at your age, what will other people, who see you here, say to you."

"Okay."

He was amazed by how fast she replied.

"In return, do me a favor for your sister"

"To my sister... Neli?"

"Yep."

"Okay, deal."

-----

Neli fixed Grandma and Grandpa's blanket when she saw that they were already sleeping in the other bed, they were thankful that Grandma woke up earlier after they had lunch.

She went to her husband's side then held his hand, she still waiting for him to wake up. Fortunately, the doctor who looked at him earlier said that his life is not in danger and he could wake up at any time, the nurse also taught her how to clean his wound properly.

"Honey, Grandma is awake." she said to him. "We're all waiting for you to wake up."

She kissed her husband's hand, her eyes widened when she suddenly felt his hand moved.

"Caleb, Honey..." she said worriedly.

Her heart pound when she saw the slow opening of his eyes, which made her happy because her husband was finally woken up.

"N-Neli?" her husband called her, his voice sounded groggy.

"I'm here, I'm here." she answered happily while stroking his cheek in tears. "Are you okay, do you feel any pain? I will wake up Grandpa, no wait, I'll just call the doctor--."