Chapter -1

Pihu's POV:

"Pihu can you please ask Shlok to come early today," Shlok's mom said.

I scoffed as if he will listen. "Sure Mom," I replied to her and got busy with the kitchen work. I called him but as usual, he did not pick up the call. I just texted him saying come home early it's your mother's request.

I don't want him to think that it was my request. Shlok and I have been married for six months now but the marriage is just for papers. We live for the sake of marriage but there is no love in this marriage. In front of the world, we are like a normal couple but the reality is different.

"Pihu beta(child) I have made the list of dishes that need to be cooked. Anita will be cooking the dishes but can you please make sure it tastes nice," Mom told me.

"Don't worry Mom. I will check everything on my own," I insured her.

"Mom what is the occasion and who is coming?" I asked her. Since morning everything is getting organized properly and dishes are being cooked. At first, I thought it is some family friends who are coming but now it looks like the guest is someone special.

"Your brother-in-law is coming," she told in excitement. I looked confused at her.

"Oh, you have not met him yet. He is the younger brother of Shlok and is coming back from London. He has completed his studies there and worked in a few firms. Now your Dad thinks he can handle our business here in India so he will be returning. I have cleaned his room in which he will be staying and I want all his favorite dishes to be cooked," Mom completed the story.

"Mom, why he did not attend our wedding?" I questioned.

If you would have given the option Shlok himself would not have attended the wedding my brain mocked me.

"Actually at that time he was involved in some important project so he could not take a leave," Mom explained. But it was his brother's marriage can anything be more important than that? I wanted to ask but kept quiet.

"I will tell you more about him later. Let us first concentrate on the work that needs to be done.

For the rest of the day, I was busy looking at things as per Mom's instruction. I could not take a rest because of the work. I was so tired that I just wanted to lay down in my bed.

"Pihu go and get ready he is about to come. Please call Shlok to see where he has reached," saying that she left the kitchen and went to her room.

I checked a few things and then went to my room. I checked my phone for any reply from Shlok but there was none. I sighed and decided not to spoil my mood on this. This is the least I could ask from my husband. A simple ok would also be fine.

I went inside the washroom and showered. The water falling on my skin was like therapy for me. I came out and decided to wear a light purple shade of suit. The kurta was beautified with overwhelming zari and string work with the front cut.

 The kurta was beautified with overwhelming zari and string work with the front cut

As I was wearing bangles room door opened revealing my husband. He was dressed in a white shirt and blue pants. He complemented it with a cream color coat.

"A message saying ok I will reach on time would be a better reply," I told him

It looks like I was banging my head on a wall. He gave no heed to my words and went directly into the washroom.

Sighing I just put a sindoor (vermilion) in my partition and put my mangalsutra (nuptial chain) around my neck. I looked at myself in the mirror and like a good daughter-in-law, I put a smile on my face. With that, I went to fulfill my duties.

Author's note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

I am back with another story😊

Hope you like the first chapter of this story🤞

Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter❤️