Chapter - 4

Flashback

Pihu's POV:

"Dad please I don't want to get married," I told him. We were sitting in the hall where my parents were asking me to get married whereas I on the other hand was convincing them to not get me married.

"Pihu do you have someone in your life?" my mother asked for the 100th time.

"No Mom I already told you," I gave the same answer. I was getting frustrated by her question now.

"Then what is the issue?" she asked in a serious tone.

I tried to open my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I instantly closed it and thought of some reason.

"Because I don't want to," I gave her the lamest answer.

"There has to be reason for it," Mom questioned again.

"No there is not," I told her honestly. I have this worst habit where I can't lie. I can easily get caught as my parents say my expressions give it all away.

"Beta (child) listen to us. We are ready for love marriage in different castes too if you think the person is capable of you. If you don't have anyone at least look at the guy and then decide. We are not forcing you in any way the decision will be solely yours," my dad tried to convince me.

"Yes, we think that he is a good man and will keep you happy. Give him a try for us?" my mother asked me.

"Ok fine. I will think about it," I told them. For me my parent's happiness is everything. I can fight for my happiness but when it comes to them my stubbornness vanishes away.

"Good night guys I am going to my room now," saying that I got up from my sofa.

While I was going my mother shouted "There is a photo of your soon-to-be groom on the table. You can see and tell us what you think."

Without giving a reply I just left from there. How sure my mother was that I will surely agree to this proposal. I did not want to agree but then seeing their gloomy faces I gave up.

I went towards the bedside and there was an envelope kept. I hesitantly picked it up but kept it back again.

"Should I see or not?" I thought for a long time still holding the envelope in my hand.

"Nah I don't think I should. I am not at all interested," I tried to reason out. Keeping the envelope back I went to the bathroom. I did my routine and got ready to sleep.

"Coming out my eyes instantly went towards the envelope. "It is about your life Pihu. It is your right to see, saying I went towards the bedside table.

Before picking up I said "I don't care. Leave it." Then I went to my bed and picked a book which I reading.

While reading the book every two minutes I was looking at the envelope. I shook my head no and then start reading my book.

I was not able to finish one paragraph when I cried "Oh God I will get mad. What should I do?"

I was biting my nail which was a habit I used to do when I was nervous about something. I pouted and thought "There is no one here in my room. I can see the picture and then keep it as it is. No one will know."

"Pihu but that's cheating," again my heart interrupted.

"Come on my good heart let me handle this," my brain justified my actions.

"But" my heart again said. "Shh," my brain interrupted in between.

"Ahhhhhh" I shouted and pull my hair. "Wait why I am having this war between my heart and brain?" I asked myself.

"This task is simple Pihu. Let us see and then later think of some excuse to defend my actions," I tried to console myself.

Taking my advice I took the envelope in a hurry. I have to do this fast before my decision is changed. As soon as I opened the envelope a photograph came out of this.

It was a photograph of two people posing. It looked to be some formal event. I was confused about whom my parents have chosen.

"Why they have given two people a photo together?" my brain questioned.

"Which one of them is he?" again a question arose.

"Should I ask Mom or Dad?" I thought.

"No no, they will tease me for the lifetime. I can't do that," I rejected the idea.

"Pihu leave this and don't stress your brain," saying that I observed the people in the photograph.

Both of them were handsome men in their own way. One was having a rude face while the other face was giving an innocent vibe. Both were looking so professional at the same time.

"Why they have given this professional photograph," a thought again came to my mind.

"Pihu what are you doing?" I asked myself. I kept the photograph in the envelope.

I lay on my bed and thought what shall I reply to my parents? I was more confused looking at the photograph.

I knew what my answer would be but deep inside my heart I have myself chosen the man also. Soon I drifted to sleep and dreamt about the person my heart instantly knew he was the one.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Hope you like the flashback🤞

What do you think Pihu might have chosen?🤔

Follow me for more updates😊

Don't forget to vote and comment❤️