Chapter - 18

Flashback

Pihu's POV:

"This is your room," my mother-in-law opened the door for me. The room was painted with sky blue color and curtains of white shades. The bed was decorated with rose petals and candles were so lighted.

"You can explore the room. Your bag is in the closet we can arrange it later," she informed me. To which I just nodded my head.

"I will send Shlok soon," saying as she left the room. I was lost in my own thoughts. I have never talked to Shlok before marriage and it is our first night. I was hell nervous about how to behave in front of him.

I don't know what are his expectations regarding this marriage or anything. I was exploring the room when I stood near the mirror.

I observed myself in the mirror. I was standing in front of the mirror with a red color wedding lahenga and a chunni as a veil over my head. The hair was kept in a middle partition and in between there was sindoor. There was a long nuptial chain around my neck. Finally, I was married to Shlok.

I was hell nervous about how my life had changed suddenly. A few days back I was living my life and now I will be playing the role of daughter-in-law and wife. Will I be able to survive this? All these thoughts were running in my mind. I was feeling like I was getting short of air. I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself down.

I could hear the voices coming from outside. I think Shlok is about to enter the room. Shit, what should I do. I don't know if should I sit on the bed or what.

Due to all this nervousness, my hands were getting sweaty. I cleaned them with the lahenga but had no success.

In all this nervousness and confusion I went to sit at the edge of the bed. The door opened and Shlok entered the room.

Ignoring me he straight went to the bathroom I guess. I felt a little hurt thinking maybe he should have acknowledged me.

I brushed it off thinking maybe he was tired. He came out wearing his night clothes. The T-shirt was loose but still showing off his body. He was a handsome and well-built man. I adverted my eyes from his body before he could catch me.

He came towards the bed and I started to feel nervous. He bent down towards me and I closed my eyes thinking he was kissing me. I opened my eyes to see he picked a pillow that was kept behind me. He picked up the pillow and the blanket. Then he went to the couch and kept in there. I was confused at first then soon I realized what he was doing.

"You can sleep on the bed," I told him as the couch would be uncomfortable for him to sleep on.

"You take the bed. I will be fine here," he told me while opening the blanket for himself.

"But I don't have an issue in sharing a bed with you," I said to him getting up from the bed. I thought he wanted to make me comfortable in his room.

"But I have," his statement shocked me to the core.

"Why we are married? I know it's sudden and we don't know each other but we have to try," I tried to explain it to him. In one way or another, we have to take a first step in this marriage.

He started to laugh and said, "Stop all this bullshit."

"We are not going to try anything. This marriage is only on paper remember this always," he continues saying.

"You and I will never happen," he pointed between us.

"Then why did you agree?" I asked him as I could see my all dreams of a marriage breaking in front of him.

"I was forced into this. I had a girl whom I wanted to marry but my parents refused our marriage. Not only that they forced me into marrying you threatening the company," he said trying to recall everything.

"Then maybe you should have asked me to cancel it," I gave him a suggestion. If he had told me I would not have married him. My parents would not have forced me to marry him.

"You think I would not have thought of it. I was threatened with the life of my girl. I could not risk it," the way he was saying my girl with such warmth made my heart shatter into pieces.

"You don't know anything what all I had done to cancel this wedding but nothing worked," he said with frustration which was clear on his face.

"What was my mistake in all this?" I asked him the question which was coming into my mind again and again.

"You are just caught up in this situation Pihu. I am sorry but after spending some time together you can convince both our parents to divorce and both will be free," he gave an idea as if it was so easy to do.

"Do you still love her?" I asked the most important question ignoring his absurd idea.

"Yes and I always will," he said smiling as if he remembering his memories with her. That girl is lucky that there is someone out there willing to go against his parents for her.

"What's next then?" I asked him. I need to know what is the escape option here.

"We can be married only on papers and then after some time, we can opt for divorce. Then we can live our lives however we want," he told me the plan.

"What about your company then?" I asked if he married for company wouldn't they snatch it after our divorce?

"We can convince them we are suitable for each other. After that I will ask them to let me marry a girl I wanted to marry as the girl they have chosen was wrong," he told me the plan. It looked like he had a whole plan laid out for him.

"I guess you had already thought of all the scenarios in your mind," I commented on his plans.

"I am sorry Pihu," he repeated his words once again.

"Will your sorry be enough?" I asked him. I know it will be hard for us to fight for divorce. Our parents won't agree to this until we have a solid reason for it.

His silence gave me the answer that I already knew. His apologies will never be enough. I was a girl with a dream about marriage life. Here this man standing in front of me is crashing them with no remorse.

"I guessed so," I replied back with the hatred. "Don't do me a favor of sleeping here. We can take our turns as you already have done enough for me," I bite back my tongue to not speak any harsh words.

"Pihu it's fine this is the least I could do," he replied.

"That's the thing the least had already been done. We will be taking our turns and that is final," with that I left for the washroom.

I slammed the door as hard as I could and slid down keeping my back at the door. I cried sitting there remembering everything he said.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

What do you think about the chapter?🤔